Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Black (cavendish) friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Well, I didn't want to risk leaving on black friday so I stayed in, did house work and made some cavendish leaves. I plan to use these as a cigar wrapper so I didn't shred them for pipe tobacco.

8.5 hours steamed (outside in the garage)

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Has the beginning stages of the "fruity smell" but still has some really strong "tobacco" scents.

I made some with VA Bright leaf, YTB, Izmir Ozbas, Havana 142.

istanbulin

Founding Member
... I plan to use these as a cigar wrapper so I didn't shred them for pipe tobacco. ...

They may be good looking cigar wrappers. I guess a cigar wrapped by a Cavendish leaf may resemble "777 Maduro" cigars in wrapper color. Good job !

v3nzr.jpg

Markw

Has the beginning stages of the "fruity smell" but still has some really strong "tobacco" scents.

I made some with VA Bright leaf, YTB, Izmir Ozbas, Havana 142.

Looks good there, how would you compare the leaf colours with the different leaves that you used. My 142 came out nearly black, much darker than the TN90.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
The burleys were dark brown, like a dark chocolate. The Izmir, Havana 142 were black, certain area that were layered over were that extremely dark brown.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
They may be good looking cigar wrappers. I guess a cigar wrapped by a Cavendish leaf may resemble "777 Maduro" cigars in wrapper color. Good job !

v3nzr.jpg

i would imagine so. Very mild hit but I imagine the flavor will be deep

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Upon viewing them this morning, I've realized that these leaves after they have been steamed tend to get drier, quicker. I am not sure if it's the cell walls that have been damaged via the heat, or which specific characteristic was changed to make this happen, but at the same time they become hydrated much quicker as well.

Markw

That's funny I have noticed that as well, they seam to dry much faster, as soon as I get them out of the crock pot I hang them up and there in a low case the following day.I have also found out by adding my preferred essence in the crock pot at the start the leaf takes in very well.

Smokin Harley

I stumbled upon this thread of yours....I have PA red that I just started to picked yesterday . Very nice huge leaves and way more to come. Did you steam the green leaves you mentioned in another post...for cavendish?

Status
Not open for further replies.