Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Plug Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Chew

My latest work has been with Baccy Plugs.

Plug.jpg

It's simple.
Takethe cured baccy, bring it back into a moist pliable state, cut out the midribs, then spray with flavoring until real moist. This may take severalsprayings but that's ok. I spray and keep in an air tight container...spray,move it around, spray again for a few days to let the leaves soak up theflavor.

ThenI stack about 6-8 1/2 leaves together…some big, some small, some are broken upscrap pieces that you might think about throwing away but DONT DO IT! youhave too much invested to scrap anything!!!

SorryI got excited.

ThenI scrunch it up rolling it pushing it together as tight as I can. I use alarger leaf as my wrapper. Be sure to spray the wrapper in flavoring or evensoak it in flavoring so it is pliable and flavorful. I lay the rolled uppiece in the wrapper leaf (sometimes I may roll and squeeze it togethertwisting it like wringing out a rag keeping it all tight and then place it inthe wrapper). Once in the wrapper I twist the wrapper which has to be verysaturated and pliable (by adding flavor) so that it can be twisted tight.

Thento hold it all together I wrap it with some stems I have tied together that arepliable or I use a rope.

I keep the plug tied up and place it in front of my dehumidifier to dry out themoisture but leaving the flavor. I them take a plug and keep it in my truck. I cut off a piece as I need it.

Flavors I love are:

Starbucks Caramel and Maraschino Cherry

Flavors.jpg

Becausethe flavorings have preservatives added I don't have too. Smooth flavor and adelicate yet manly chew. I can not stand to chew purchased baccy anymore...it make me sick...makes me think I'm chewing on pine straw and newspaper filler...

G-Chew

Update!!!
Most of my baccy work is done late at night. Thus after a long day I get frustrated easily. I found that it's hard to take a tightly twisted plug and wrap a stem (or a string) around it to keep it tightly compressed to dry. I came up with an idea!

**I have come up with an easier method that has worked great with the last two batches.
I take my 16% rH leaves and put them in a plastic box that has an air tight lid. I pour in my flavoring and periodically work through it arranging the leaves in the same direction and also pull off the midribs as the leaves become pliable. I then start squishing the leaves together while soaking in flavoring. After several days of this I make a final wringing out of the excess flavor (like wringing water out of a rag). My goal is to end up with a roll about an inch in diameter. I then place the roll onto a piece of aluminum foil. I roll the baccy tightly in the foil and then cut off the ends and make a roll be about 6 inches long. The foil will keep it compressed for drying. I place it in the baccy room at 96 degree F and 16% rH. I leave it in the foil for 3 days then take the foil off. After 3 days if drying in the foil the baccy is formed and tight. It can continue to dry without the foil. It looks like a cigar. I leave it in the baccy room until ready for consumption. When it's time to enjoy I pull it out and place it in a sandwich bag with a few drops of water. This allows the baccy to regain moisture and be an awesome chew!

bonehead

i will have to give that a try with some of my dark virginian homegrown. i usually make chew with burley so i guess i will make more than one kind.

G-Chew

image.jpg

This is what it looks like after moisture is applied and it's ready for consumption

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 216

bighoss

I would also like to know the kind of tobacco that you use for the plug

DirkReids

Thanks for sharing out your Baccy Plugs style..Very unique way of using tobacco.. Surely give one try soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.