Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: growing new seeds indoors

[QUOTE=Daniel;1948]I've seen a couple of people grow tobacco using Hydroponics. One comment I saw said the tobacco came out very weak though. Tobaccos flavor is altered by where it is grown the soil and the climate. Don't know that I have heard of anyone starting them and then transplanting them using hydroponics. The same issues of growing indoors would apply regardless of what methods you use to grow them. They get huge and require mountains of light as well as root space. I grew tobacco this last summer in 5 gallon buckets. for full grown plants you need large. maybe twice as large. or you will have stunted plants. People have grown them indoors I am just not sure they are saving much doing so.[/QUOTE
    Agree with Daniel on the hydroponics, tobacco roots need lots of space, they can go up to 1M deep.
    Daniel were you a naughty boy? Why does it say BANNED by your avatar? Tsk tsk tsk.
    "Its a state of mind"

This past year I was at a commercial plant starting greenhouses..and they did have bacca started.using floating trays..
    GIVING BIG TOBACCO THE MIDDLE FINGER,

Float trays would be nice in a greenhouse, but they make an unholy mess inside the house. I tried it my first year and then went to the 1020 trays due to the mess and the difficulty of getting the water back outside once you're finished with the seedlings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12