Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

FX Smith's Sons

janetta007

For our affable forum host Don Carey: Your tracking number is 9114901075742856048315

Ben: Yours is in with Don's

Rich: Should arrive today

Michibaccy, Barg, GrFinney, DGbama, Janetta007 yours are en route (no tracking)

Others still waiting: I am researching a less costly sample sized shipping method. Going to a couple office supply stores today looking for mailing boxes.

This is a whole crapload of fun

Thank You webmost, my package arrived in perfect condition. Thanks again for the Christmas present.

webmost

Ho Ho Ho

Sent more on their way yesterday. Trying out my new mailing boxes. Will shoot more after the first. Postage will go up. Again. Of course.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Very nice cigars indeed! Arrived in perfect condition, lit one up with my brother inlaw christmas night. Not bad :) Thanks a bunch!

rainmax

Founding Member
I check this web page and I need to say that prices are really affordable even for the people outside the border who really needs to pay high duties and taxes. All in all the web site is cool. What I have to complain are the pictures of those cigars. I would change them immediately. I don't mind if somebody from this forum take cigar in his hand when it show it to us, but when you want to sell those beauties to the public and present them from your hand you need at least to put white gloves on your hard working hands. Don't you think?
I believe in better business after correction.

Otherwise nice cigars.

madhouse

I agree with Maks, the web site is very nice and the images are superb but the use of white gloves would put an expert finish to the product, i think i may have to try some of these even thou i make my own, they look yummy, good job.

Bill

webmost

1) These ain't snooty white glove cigars. These are noble working hands cigars. What we call "yardgars". Hence the working man hands and the lawn in the background.

2) I have had nothing but trouble trying to produce good pictures. Put hours and hours and hours into it; gave up, and used snapshots from my smart phone.

I may work up a new theme for this later if I get time. Not proud of the looks.

madhouse

Don't get me wrong, i think you are under selling your your product "yardgars" No, these are some of the finest looking cigars i have ever seen and lets face it how many other supplier's can show such quality in there end product, it's just that holding them in a glove puts that extra wow factor when you view them,. " Not proud of the looks" i don't think so they look great.

Bill

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Maybe use some good old Wells Lamont leather work gloves.

These cigars harken back to a time when people worked for a living...an every man's cigar. I can definitely see them making a comeback.

Ben Brand

Just had a good look at these cigars. Nothing fancy, Plain and simple, and I`m sure very tasty. Filler mainly CT broadleaf and PA broadleaf with a few cigars a percentage of Dominican filler. Wrappers CT broadleaf with a few variations same with the binders, which brings me bact to a previous comment I made in the Cigar forum- ARE WE PLANTING TO MANY VARIETIES. I think so- keep it plain and simple.
Ben

webmost

Maybe use some good old Wells Lamont leather work gloves.

These cigars harken back to a time when people worked for a living...an every man's cigar. I can definitely see them making a comeback.

Funny you should say that! I actually took a series of pics using my old leather work gloves patched with duct tape. Thought those pics turned out excessively shabby. Went round to the Home Despot and Lowes looking for new gloves. Used to carry them in packs of three pairs for about eight bucks. Now, all they have is wussy lookin chinese crybaby gloves for like 25 clams a pair. Kinda gloves that if that's all you need then you need to grow yourself a callous, son. Looked all over. No dice. I do have a well worn pair of elk gloves treated with Sno-Seal wax weatherproofing that I use for the motorcycle. Shoulda tried those; but then I got side tracked.

Sent you a package Don, but never checked the number to see if it got there.

I took to heart what you guys said and increased font size to make things more readable. Feedback always helpful. Worked on it several hours this morning.

I gotta smoke more of these varieties so I can generate decent descriptions.

Hey Don, I smoked that Marsh you sent. It's a funny story, though. You'll appreciate this:

I have been looking forward to trying a Marsh Wheeling Stogie ever since I began my search for a good American smoke. Just can't get them round here. So when yours arrived, it's the first stick I lit. Went to the garage during that warm spell, laid out some of Jitterbug's yellow orinoco for filler, some of your super delicious Aleman Seco Banda for binder, some of your beautiful Oscuro for wrapper. Wanted to roll a batch for the home made stogie swapping project I talked to you about. Set to work rolling up a batch of perfectos. Not an easy shape to roll. I was elbows deep in this absorbing task before I lit the Marsh. Cripes! Between the wonderful aromas of all your tobacco leaf, I couldn't hardly taste the Marsh at all! Bland bland bland. Nothing bad at all; just overpowered.

I'm thinking that just rolling cigars is delicious enough in and of itself!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Homogenized tobacco sheet is paper made entirely of tobacco plus an adhesive agent (that's the non-tobacco ingredient).

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
052_2.JPG

Reconstituted tobacco or homogenized sheet tobacco is a paper-like sheet approaching the thickness of tobacco laminae. It is made from tobacco dust, fines, and particles, and from ribs and stems; various additives may be incorporated. In the past, most of these “tobacco by-products” were wasted. [SCENIHR - Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks - EU Commission]

winston-smoker

052_2.JPG

Reconstituted tobacco or homogenized sheet tobacco is a paper-like sheet approaching the thickness of tobacco laminae. It is made from tobacco dust, fines, and particles, and from ribs and stems; various additives may be incorporated. In the past, most of these “tobacco by-products” were wasted. [SCENIHR - Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks - EU Commission]

That is the stuff that comprises an increasing proportion of what's in commercial cigarettes. About 40 years ago, the industry used on average about 2 lbs. of tobacco leaf per 1000 cigarettes; today, it's about 0.9 lbs. on average. Another factor is the use of expanded tobacco and even expanded stem!

Last edited: