Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wanted Lieberman bunching device for making my first cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmark

Hello. I grew a bunch of tobacco this year for the first time and would like to make cigars with it. I saw a cool video of a Lieberman bunching device. Does anybody have a used one they would like to sell, or know where I might find a cheap one? I saw a post here about Penn Cigar company selling them, but I contacted them and they are out of stock. I didn't have any luck on ebay either.

Thanks,
Mark

Bigmark

Thanks for the reply. Not very confident. I have got to be the unhandyest guy in the world. That's why I am looking for an already built machine that can do the dirty work. I like to grow the leaves and to be able to chose the ingredients and experiment with the portions. That is the fun part for me.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Liebermans are not that uncommon on ebay. The trick to finding an affordable one (like everything else on ebay) is trying to figure out what the seller has listed one as. I did a quick search for "cigar machine", "cigar roller","tobacco roller", "cigar bunching", "tobacco buncher" (that ones putting a lot of faith in the seller) and of course "Lieberman" and "Leiberman" (misspelled).

None to be found. That doesn't mean there aren't 15 of them on ebay somewhere...it's just a matter of figuring out what someone who doesn't know what one is will list it as.

Bigmark

Thanks for checking FmGrowit. I used pretty much what you tried, and I Googled all the names too. I will be a bit more creative and see what I can find. Thanks!

Mark

Bigmark

I just receieved an email from PBM Tobacco and they sell the machine for $450 plus shipping. Does anybody have one of those? If so, do they work well?

BigBonner

Founding Member
I was planning on making some of the machines .
I have one and they would be around $350 maybe a little less .
The only problem is having enough customers to buy them to make it worth while .
If I had enough interest I think could hurry up my roller making progress .

That is pricy for any cigar maker . They work ok if the tobacco is cased right . Binder and wrapper but filler needs to be in less case .

The problem I am having right now is bending the rolling plate out of 14 ga steel .
The roller area is 12 inches wide . This is wider than the Lieberman sold on ebay .

If I get a chance I may take a picture of it and post it .

I do most of my rolling by hand .

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
That's a pretty cool lookin' one. Are those glue cups on the base? Send the seller a message asking to re-list it.

I've never seen a bench-top model before. Most are drop-in types.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is some picture of my roller .
Look over my hands , they are dirty from where I have been stripping tobacco all day .

k2mLxf6.jpg

kFp6wiT.jpg

GjInqsq.jpg

gmj3GVo.jpg

BigBonner

Founding Member
That cigar is filled with some old Broad leaf I had laying in my stripping room . The binder and wrapper , I could not find any in the right case so I picked out a leaf of burley that we just stripped off the stalk and used it . I only used it for as a example but I have made a few with burley wrapping just for practice that was fairly good . But I am no cigar expert and no ways near it .

One thing about these is that you can roll scrap with them and they will still burn great .

If I can find a easy way to bend the top plate , I would be making some of these to sell . 14 Ga steel is hard to bend to match the curves .

IwIzzCm.jpg

rXP4tzy.jpg

RICH

First of all welcome to FTT Bigmark. I picked up a used Lieberman machine from Ebay about 6 months ago for $50.00 plus shipping and there was one listed for $114.00 from Delaware that someone on this site (I think) bought.Like Don say's you just got to find what the person listed it as. I do like the one BigBonner made because of 12" wide working service,the one I have is only 6" and is hard to get a good even, tight/firm cigar.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Thanks Knucks and MarcL

It surprised me that I listed it a little while ago and now its posted on here . Glad its posted .
I thought about sending one to a member to try out and see what others think about it .
I need to write up a how to use and adjust the machine .I am not very good with that writing instructions and stuff .

Anyone who wants one can just let me know they will be A LOT cheaper to FTT members .

That is the third one I made . It works great . I listed it as new but I guess I used it a time or two . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.