Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Do all Rusticas germ faster than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skychaser

Yup, they usually do. Some people get sprouts in 48 hours if conditions are just right. Tobaccums usually take 5 days or more.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I've only grown one variety of Rustica (Sacred Cornplanter) It was seed from Deluxestogie and it sprouted withing 48 hours (just like skychaser said!)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I've done 3 strains and I concur they have all popped before other types.

FALaholic

I can't say my germination rates for rusticas are 48, but they do germ faster than the other tobaccums I germed at the same time.
Reason for bringing this up is a grow out strain that I'm working on, C-918 . Germed much faster than the other 3 strains that I'm working on. All the strains I am told are tobaccum, but the germ rate of this particular one has me intrigued. To add, the radicle; stalk of the germed seed, is much longer, and thicker than any other tobaccum/rustica seed that I have germed.

JessicaNicot

I can't say my germination rates for rusticas are 48, but they do germ faster than the other tobaccums I germed at the same time.
Reason for bringing this up is a grow out strain that I'm working on, C-918 . Germed much faster than the other 3 strains that I'm working on. All the strains I am told are tobaccum, but the germ rate of this particular one has me intrigued. To add, the radicle; stalk of the germed seed, is much longer, and thicker than any other tobaccum/rustica seed that I have germed.

im curious about this C-918 variety that I've never heard of. most N tabacum seedlings are short but there are some that are "leggy" (ones with long radicles) like N rustica seedlings. there are even some which germinate in curly q's that seem to initially lack proper orientation signals (a hypothesis of mine).

TheOtherOne

Speaking of, I had an unidentified germination recently (my critters ripped through my seed stash so I tossed em in a pot of soil....)
They all seem very tiny, almost pointed cotyledons, I thought they where rustica, but they might also be rhoeas poppies, or yaka.
I'm thinking of culling them seeing as it's out of season, but whatever was in the bag would be lost to my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.