Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cut the crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
We seem to have been infiltrated with mindless bullshit lately. Mindless banter is normal among friends, but when newbies introduce the BS regularly, it distracts from the focus of the forum.

A new forum has been created for this BullShit, so if you're wondering where your bullshit went...look in the new forum,

Mods...please leave redirects for 30 days when you move Bullshit threads to the BS forum.

squeezyjohn

Good thing to nip in the bud I reckon.

Mind you - compared to some of the other forums I regularly visit this place is unbelievably focussed ... let's keep it that way!

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
No workhorse_01 You did not. What Don was refering to was regular and cut up conversations that I personaly am guilty of on this site. I however failed to realize the grow season has began in the down under and wish not to cut up as I normaly do with every one I know. My next post however will be on "The different cuts of tobacco" and why the cut. This was My fault and am sorry for the inconvenience.

AmaxB

I'd agree with this and thank you don...
I pop in at least once a day look through activity, if what I see is off topic and of little use I move on But then that's me

BarG

Founding Member
I could probably give a few tips on how to cut the crap [hole from an animal] but not the crap from A pie hole.:D

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I'm just glad I've been a good boy lately. It usually happens right before Christmas, I get to worrying about the coal under the tree and the hickory switches in my stocking.

webmost

as Lakota said sot-weed was an old 16th century name for tobacco, and soiree meaning party or gathering.

Only a century off there, Lakota.

King James was the 17 century monarch who hated tobacco. Said it made a besotted a man -- made him drunk with the fumes. Wrote a treatise against it. Even complained about second hand smoke. Levied ever higher taxes (sound familiar?) on tobacco.

In college, I read The Sotweed Factor, a hilarious picaresque novel by award winning John Barth, who IIRC taught at Wicomico College, not far from here on Merryland's Eastern Shore. "Factor" was a 17th century term for a commercial agent. The novel is about a young rascal sent out from England by his rich father to be his tobacco agent in the New World; his adventures and travels buying and shipping tobacco. Hence, the title, Sotweed Factor.

When I recently incorporated my vest pocket side business dedicated to bringing hidden American tobacco resources to web attention, I named it The Sotweed Factor, LLC. The server for the purpose is centered on thesotweedfactor.net.

Soiree is just for the alliteration of it.

We are heirs to a uniquely vast, uniquely comprehensive, and ever swiftly growing language, which we mostly take perverse pride in ignoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.