Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Does your rustica smell like tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewestOldtimer

Hi Y'all,

I don't know about you guys, but my rustica strains aren't smelling like tobacco... They smell more like raisins. This is true with the fermented and non-fermented tobacco. My other strains (nicotiana tabacum) smell like normal tobacco.
The specific type I was growing was Thuoc Lao. I just want to know if any of you have grown it, and if it smells like regular tobacco. BTW the smoke smells like tobacco smoke.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
To my very biased senses, the N. rustica that I have sampled--only a few varieties--smells a bit grassy or weedy, regardless of how I processed it. Some of my Sacred Cornplanter has aged for a year and a half, but still no "regular" tobacco smell.

Bob

Brown Thumb

My rustica from 2012 does not smell like tobacco either.
Spicey, perfumei , just can't put my finger on it. I never smelled a raisen.

TheNewestOldtimer

Thanks for your input. I hope to hear more accounts of their N. Rustica odor profile. BTW it is not an exact raisin smell, but it is kind of close. I did not fire cure any, and that is how Tuoc Lao is cured...will try this next harvest. Even if it doesn't smell like tobacco it sure give one hell of a strong buzz.

TheNewestOldtimer

I just checked up on my Thuoc lao, and it smells amassing. Still not very much like tobacco, but great none the less. I can't really explain what the main smell is, but it is good. It has a sweet honey kind of smell, along with notes of fig. I can't quite explain it, but it is great. It is quite a mild smoke considering how strong it is. It really is amasing how much just a few months has aged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.