Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe smoker from Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Caleb. I live in Northwest Montana, born and raised. About a year or so back I started carving pipes just for the fun of it, and recently decided that doing my own blends from leaf tobacco is for me. Mostly I like the idea of doing the work myself, but I don't have the time or space to grow my own, I fight fire in the summer and consequently could be gone for 14 days at a time at the drop of a hat. So I figured the best way around that is to rely on good folks like you as a source :). I'm new to leaf tobacco and blending and i guess most everything concerned. Thanks for having me.

Rickey60

Welcome Caleb, you will find all the tobacco you need here. There are several members that grow to sell plus Whole Leaf Tobacco web site sells some great leaf. Good to have you aboard......
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

winston-smoker

Hi, Caleb! Welcome! Although I'm a cigarette smoker, not a pipe smoker, like you I'm also relying on buying whole leaves, which I have gotten from WholeLeafTobacco. I'm a "city boy" who has no desire to turn into a farmer!;) About the only plant I keep in the house are African violets ... and even that has stalled in its growth, though at least I haven't killed it so far. lol. I guess the Canadian farmers that were my ancestors didn't pass the "farmer gene" on to me!:)

DGBAMA

Welcome. You should find all you need to know here.

There number of pipe makers too...by all means please share pics of your work and ask questions.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum LHMM. There are threads here that tell how to make your own Cavendish and Perique. A few pipe blends. Plenty of good info.

Fisherman

Welcome Caleb. Growing my own saved me a little money over buying whole leaf. The big saving is just using whole leaf period. I had no idea how many tastes that tobacco could have and am rest assured that this is a lot better for a person than the store bought stuff. I just started using the casings offered here and they are quite tasty also. Not real sure what kind for pipe tobacco to use but there are some serious pipers here that will let ya know how they do their's.

Hello from the Southwest. I'm new to whole leaf tobacco too and have already been learning much by digging in to older posts. Like you, I'm not growing just buying.

DGBAMA

Caleb, just stumbled across your photo album. Some nice "mountain man" pipes. Hope you are still enjoying your whole leaf.

A link to caleb's pipe pics for those who have not seen them:

Mountain man pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.