Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Done drinking pop and eating sweets...my oh my

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Well as a christmas gift fate has given me a root canal gone wrong (done in April). I go in later today to have my tooth redrilled out and have a new post put in both nerves.

now the really fun part, they are charging me money for their own mess up. $1345 to be exact. That's more than a months worth of pay before taxes...

as a precaution I guess I'm done eating sweets (other than fruit) and done drinking pop at all. I guess my mouth can't handle it.

How do we deal with this crazy expensive dental work?!

Brown Thumb

Dental ins. Helps, cheap also. Or just pull them out an be done with them.
Your married now. No reason to have a pretty smile anymore.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Ouch! I hate dentists, I had my wisdom tooth out a few years back and after 3 injections and 30 mins of not a lot happening I told him to just rip it out. Why was your bill so high?

winston-smoker

Regular (not sugar-free) Pop, or "soda" as it's called here in NYC metropolitan area, is about one of the worst things for your teeth, not to mention your waistline. When is there going to be a Master Settlement Agreement against Coca Cola, Pepsi, Seagram's, Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc., C & C Cola, Shasta, et al.? Or is it just Big Tobacco that gets the government "shake-down"?

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Well apparently my tooth had an extra nerve that wasn't supposed to be there. Now I'm in even more pain and no promise this'll even fix it. Who needs money anyway.

Brown Thumb

Well apparently my tooth had an extra nerve that wasn't supposed to be there. Now I'm in even more pain and no promise this'll even fix it. Who needs money anyway.
That is weird, I had a extra root on one of my teeth that had a root canal and was having problems with it.
I think it is b/s they should have seen it in the x rays.
I hope your feeling better.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sounds like you should be thanking them for pulling the right one.

When I had my root canal, they missed a tiny piece of the root. I called complaining about the pain and they thought I just wanted more meds. After two weeks of agony, theyn had me come back in....they charged me another $450 to finish the job.

DGBAMA

Tooth ache is my least favorite variety of pain. Most others i can handle. Hope you get a solution soon

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Sucks Don, I know how cynical they can be. The dental surgeon I went to today took a 360 X-ray which spotted the extra nerve, the first X-ray from April and earlier today didn't show the nerve hidden behind the old one and the old metal post (makes sense to me I don't hold it against them). If this doesn't fix it bye bye goes the tooth. If the swelling isn't reduced all the lovely abcesses start growing in the jaw bone which is....an even bigger issue. Thanks for the well wishes guys. I feel like I should document this pain, right now the numbing solution (noricane) is completely worn off, I feel like I was slugged in the cheek.

Matty

I feel for ya. I got some of the worst luck with my teeth. I'm missing 9 so far, have had 4 root canals 2 of which eventually crumbled. This past fall I had a bad abscess beside a live tooth. The tooth had a cracked root and the inside of the tooth got infected. The nerve eventually died off completely, took about 3 weeks of pain before it did. Dentist started a root canal but decided the crack was too bad so he eventually pulled it. This all took place over a period of 2 months. I was lucky and only paid $210 for an x ray and extraction.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The most effective topical anesthetic for dental pain is oil of clove. The LorAnn flavorings available in many grocery stores and drug stores (tiny bottles often displayed in the baking ingredients section) offers one labeled as "Natural Oil of Clove." It only costs a couple of dollars. Dip a Q-tip into the oil, then apply it to all the surfaces of the tooth itself. It takes a few minutes to begin to work, and often lasts for a number of hours.

Bob

winston-smoker

Michibacy,
Sounds like you're having a awful time ... I'm sorry that you have to suffer so. I hope that these dental problems can be resolved as quickly as possible, and that you feel better soon.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I've heard the phosphoric acid and carbonization that erodes the enamel ( picture silica on aluminum). Sugar free has stuff in it almost worse than commercial tobaccy. I love the taste of coca cola which sucks, I might have a tiny amount once Ina great while...

but it hey the pain is gone !

Status
Not open for further replies.