Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Venture a guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

Has me dumbfounded, Looks to be missing a piece of wood in the middle.
Could not find anything Googling it, other than them Damn FTT forum Posts
You are out there Don when searching tobacco related items:D

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yes, I know the seller is calling it a tobacco shredder, but if you look at it very closely, you'll see the crank operates a slightly skewed toothed roller of some sort. Where does the cutting action occur?

I too believe it's missing a slat of wood as a bed. I also think the thing was taken apart and put back together incorrectly.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's a tobacco plug cutter or shredder. The milled cylinder in conjunction with the spring-loaded pressure plate seem to be for feeding and crushing either cane or flax stems (for the manufacture of linen).

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I agree with Bob, the round doohickey looks to be build more for pulling something than for cutting.

Markw

It looks more like a press of some kind, it looks like it could have bolted to a wall, could be something to do with laundry or a juicing machine,I don't think it is tobacco related.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Kind of looks like a sugar cane separator, or some other stalk separator. It seems to me you press what ever your processing onto the spring loaded plate which will act as a lock, the grater/wheel then feeds the material in.

Perhaps it goes onto a corn husker?

Status
Not open for further replies.