Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anyone into RC Planes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The Off Topic forum is a place for mods to move off topic posts from existing threads.

This thread has been moved to the General discussions forum.

FALaholic

Not there yet. Switching to E85 on the fly with a cell though. Fingers cross, going from 370 wheel to 450 with no changes.
Curious to know what you're putting down and time/trap.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
One of my many obsessions that never materialize. I always wanted to invest in one and throw a micro camera on it. (Mainly for scouting out deer paths and getting birds eye views of my property)

bonehead

i never flew any but got to watch them fly a few years ago when my son was trapping beavers for the army core of engineers on one of there flood control areas. the beavers had there flood control area flooded all the time so there was not much room for flood water if the two rivers flooded. they let a airplane club use a large field on the property and i sat and watched a lot of different types and sizes of planes. it was real interesting and the people were a great bunch of guys.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
One of my many obsessions that never materialize. I always wanted to invest in one and throw a micro camera on it. (Mainly for scouting out deer paths and getting birds eye views of my property)

Trail cameras and Google Earth, but hey, any excuse will do. :D

Brown Thumb

image.jpgI just got back into it a yr or two ago for my boy.
times have changed. I am building a Byron Glasair TG and everyone laughs at me. It is a 20 yr old kit,
You can buy a plane built for a lot less than building one anymore. I would rather put 500 hours into a plane than buy one.
mentally I think it gives me more reason to keep from crashing it.
One day I will finish it.

O

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Rebuilding a Goldberg Anniversary Cub (slightly hard landing a few weeks back), and have a sportster 60 (friend's donation) ready. Skis aren't fitted yet; planned for after Christmas.

You got me beat on the 20 years, but I'm getting there.
What you got in the works?

Brown Thumb

I have a super sportster also , that is one fun plane. I don't know how many times I crashed and rebuilt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.