Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

17 days later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skychaser

Well, what a fun month it has been for us. I left the house today for the first time in 17 days. My wife and I were both slammed by a bug within 24 hours of each other and haven't been able to do anything since. We have the text book description of acute bronchitis. Nothing to do but treat the symptoms as best we can and wait it out. We finally seemed to turn a corner this week and are now making a slow recovery. My head has finally cleared enough to type out an almost coherent paragraph here again.

A side from a couple trips to the wood pile, neither of us have been out for over two weeks. We are some of those crazy prepper types so we don't need to go anywhere. lol Actually it's just the way we live, and always have. Very self sufficient and prepared for what ever comes along. I was a "prepper" 2 decades before the phrase was coined. We could go all winter without really needing anything.

Well, almost. I ran out of feed for my deer. For about the last 15 years, when ever there is snow on the ground there is a feed pan under a big fir tree out front filled with grain and sweet mix for the deer. Generations of deer have grown up around here knowing they can always come here in winter for a meal. I am on a first name basis with many of them, especially many of the does and fawns. They stood out there last night looking at the house with a wtf, no food?, look on their faces. 3 does with 6 hungry fawns was too much for me to take. Gawd, I'm getting soft in my old age. lol So this afternoon I broke quarantine and made the journey to the local feed store for grain. My 3 pet does, Jane, Cookie and Doesy, and their 6 fawns are all out there now. Along with 3 bucks. All is well again. :D

Sky

Aaron

I'm happy the two of you are starting to feel better. That's a mean bug to keep you down that long.

DGBAMA

glad to hear you are feeling better.

You have some healthy deer, if all three of the girls have twins. :)

skychaser

You have some healthy deer, if all three of the girls have twins. :)

Jane Doe has triplets, Cookie Doe has twins and Dosey Doe had her first fawn last spring.

And thanks guys. It's good to be back amongst the living. I even have enough brain function to work on my website again. :)

Markw

Sky I am glad you and your wife are feeling better now, there is nothing worse than being laid up or that kind of time. It is good to see you had supplies in hand lets hope you and the wife have a good Christmas now.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Sky , Glad to hear you a re feeling better. If this were the olden days I could say that Comet ISON was indeed a bad omen, hence you and your wife getting sick.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Glad to hear you and the wife are on the mend, sounds like you had a rough time.

Your be back up to speed in no time, that's as long as daytime TV doesn't send you mad before hand lol

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I'm having the same luck. I caught the flu, which is now lingering on as a chest cold or bronchitis.

I do the same thing with the wildlife around my house. I feed during droughts and right after the rut when the bucks are so exhausted. Some of them get so run down they'll die from stress or malnutrition. We don't really have what you'd call "hard" winters. I keep a trail camera on the feeder and have tons of pictures of bobcats, coyote, raccoon, turkey, opossum, rabbits, squirrels, deer, etc. A lot of rodents come to eat the corn and the predators come out looking for a snack too.

pakidaho

Well Sky glad to know your on the mend, there have been quite a few folks down in these parts with similar symptoms...down for several weeks sort of thing...terrible! We figured living the hermit way of life would keep us safe from the nasty ill..so far ( knock on wood) we have fared well. Living along the river we have had our share of Deer residents. We save lots of apples for them and it has come to a point where they come up on the porch and pretty much "knock on the door" when it is apple time. We have had to build eight foot tall fortified fence around our gardens... lots of fence!
Get well and stay well and have a darn fine Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.