Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

winston-smoker

I thought we were agree that Santa never ever smoked a cigarette, may be never saw a burning piece of tobacco. ;) BTW, I smoke nargile very rarely, only at summer when there's enough fresh air ready to be polluted.

St. Nicholas (historical figure) never smoked tobacco in any form, for obvious reasons (tobacco didn't exist in the "Old World" then), but "Santa Claus" is a figure of Western foklore, and has "evolved" over time. And yes, I saw your winking smiley, I know you were just joking. So was I when I asked for "equal opportunity." You got to admit, your Santa hookah was practically begging for a reply! lol.

santa-smoking-was-a-philip-morris-pm-marlboro-man.jpg

I'll bet you didn't know Santa was a Marlboro Man!:D

winston-smoker

This St. Nicholas, however, actually did smoke cigarettes.

tumblr_mlkvxn3src1rmfhybo1_500 (1).jpg

* Holy Martyr Tsar Nicholas the Passionbearer -- canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia in 1981 (in New York City); canonized "again" by the Russian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) in 2000 (at Christ the Savior Cathedral, in Moscow).

BigBonner

Founding Member
MERRY CHRISTMAS to EVERYONE .

I hope everyone and their family gets what they want for Christmas .

BarG

Founding Member
I guess you'll be the one with the red nose?

Not yet but will work on it!;) Me, my wife, daughters and sons in laws. We all get good spirits for our stocking suffers. It tis the season to be Jolly.

For me, Crown royal black label
For wife, Sweet Revenge [strawberry sour mash to mix with fresh orange juice or straight shots 77+ proof]
For daughters, malibu swirl caribian rum with coconut liqeur[mixed with sprite]
For sons in laws, Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey sipping whiskey

Last edited:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, where did you find this Bedouin man ? Is this from your personal photo collection ?
The Bedouin man, who is without a doubt not celebrating Christmas, was a screen capture of a transient (no attribution) slide in a Coursera lecture by an Iranian professor with a German accent who teaches in Denmark at Copenhagen University.

The Bedouin is definitely, though, Middle Eastern--more so than, say, Santa.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
The Bedouin man, who is without a doubt not celebrating Christmas, was a screen capture of a transient (no attribution) slide in a Coursera lecture by an Iranian professor with a German accent who teaches in Denmark at Copenhagen University. ...

Probably I missed that slide and also it's hard to say for me that Ebrahim Afsah has a German accent.

workhorse_01

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! I pray the Lord blesses everyone of us and our families, with love, kindness, and prosperity this wonderful season.

jekylnz

Merry christmas too all the rest of the world...well its Christmas Day here..and I know you guys still have a day to go ..so from the bottom of the world ...merry Christmas. .cause we get it first

DGBAMA

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! I pray the Lord blesses everyone of us and our families, with love, kindness, and prosperity this wonderful season.

Thank you for emphasizing CHRISTmas. The true reason we have this holiday and the part that many seem willing to forget and say things like happy holidays and seasons greetings instead.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone.

jekylnz

That was one thing in our family that was pointed out to us strongly. .you never replace the Christ part with x...the true meaning of Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Etymology: The derivation of Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi (looks like a Roman 'X'), used for two thousand years (like the Greek word for fish), as symbolic of Kristos.

Bob

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Bob, I've heard that like 5 times every christmas. I can see where people get the wrong idea. (I'm sure you know some people DO use the "Xmas" as a crossing out of Christ though).

istanbulin

Founding Member
I hope it's not me ! This emphasizes made me a little worried.

Happy Xmas to you all !

Etymology: The derivation of Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi (looks like a Roman 'X'), used for two thousand years (like the Greek word for fish), as symbolic of Kristos.

Thank you very much for enlightening our members.

Status
Not open for further replies.