Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Turkey Roaster 19.99 Yea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I picked this sweet babe up at Wally World.
I was just getting it for the Kiln to Experment with.
But I needed to get some leaf into med case to shred.
She looked at me and I looked at her and we knew we could make this work.
Just don't put the leaf against the sides you will be toasting it, the sides get super Hot and she is a steamer also, I will have to put a auto fill on this gal.
She can fit about 1/4 pound on the rack at a time.
It was over in less than a hour Start to finish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 99

leverhead

I didn't know that Rival made tobacco processing equipment for the home, I doubt they did either. It might be good for making Cavendish too.

Brown Thumb

I will have to try that next year. Nice idea. What temp did you run it on?
I just got her boiling and shut her down and let her simmer.
You have to fill her to the top with water otherwise she wants to toast the Baccy on the sides.
A small spaced rack sitting on the top would probably work better than tinfoil, But I am not allowed in the kitchen to retrieve items out of the cabinets.

Brown Thumb

I didn't know that Rival made tobacco processing equipment for the home, It might be good for making Cavendish too.
We are going to give her a try, Yellow Mammoth and Big Gem.
Chit I have no Idea what I am Doing.
The only part I have a brain fart on is how long to press it?
I hope I can get that far.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
You are doing OK. But if You go to far with the steam, You will have Cavendish. What part doe's the dirt devil play in it? LOL We have a larger one here. We do not use it for roasting baccy. It works great for turkey. It will roast just fine for baccy. Watch the temp and time in. Nice leaf.

Brown Thumb

I am trying to make cavendish Mad. The dirt devel cleaned off my pool table I was too lazy to cover. I won't do that again.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
If You roast it don't press it. To Cavendish, Bring water to a boil -then turn it down to steam with no bubbles coming up. It will differ from time on elevation with tobacco to start to turn black. It could be from 12 -30 hrs. to complete. To press, I just fold it up to fit in between two 2x12 short boards and put under My little trailor. Then I put a bottle jack on it and jack it up. (The end of the trailor is 60 lbs in weight to lift) I leave it for 6 hrs to press out the juice. (I save it for snuss) Then I shave it with a carpet blade to the width I want for the pipe blends. NOTE: On some of My Cavendish I will add Vanilla bean to the water, and Mexican black pure vanilla to the leaf. I can tast it well, But it is more enjoyable for the folks around You to smell. I had a pool table once. It was a trap for laundry, lunch, and drinking buddies. It never played well after that. The balls thought it was like miniture golf. Play this way to go that way. LOL I know there is another method or three of the process it here, look up Cavendish on the pipe forum. That is just how I make it.

Brown Thumb

Thanks Mad.
I have it on a low simmer, it shure is taking its time to get black.
I just turned her up a notch.
I try to treat my pool table with respect. She is a 1917 Brunswick 9 Ft. I restored. I suck at pool too.
image.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Turn it back to where You had it. You almost got the temp. perfect. It takes time to be the best. I like how it looks. Rotate it and keep going. Desertpipe would love to see this! PM Him the last pic. For pipe night this week. I don't suck at billiards or snooker- I just don't have the time any more LOL, I have a 300. dollar stick I'm going to sell that I never used. I prefer the 12 string guitar over it at this time LOL. Try some vanilla in the water and see how You like it?

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
If You have real vanilla, go with two caps. Or one whole bean- art. vanilla I don't know. I only use the good stuff for baccy. Smells great all over the house. Ask The Wife on the fake stuff. Most wifes use it at home. Linda isn't at home now of I would ask her. I'm just picky. LOL I can smell that from here!

Brown Thumb

Just Pure Extract. So I dumped what was left of the bottle in. Not much at All. But the wife was bitching about me taking it. WTF By time she puts it into something and burns it to a toast you would never taste it anyway.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Thanks Mad.
I have it on a low simmer, it shure is taking its time to get black.
I just turned her up a notch.
I try to treat my pool table with respect. She is a 1917 Brunswick 9 Ft. I restored. I suck at pool too.
View attachment 10665
The only other thing to think about is the foil. Think stainless strainer. LOL. You have a duel use pot- KILN!

Brown Thumb

I have to find some SS mesh for it.
I have a Curing Chamber for the flu curing ready to go .
Just checked it and it is getting darker. Just like the groundhogs we blew out of the front field.
3 cup of Gas in all Holes wait 10 min. Then Light. Bam.
A baby came out burned bad and my daughter is all upset.
Bam on his head with my foot. She is Happy Now.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Well You blew the hide what I steal project. How does it smell now? And the color? Come on now let Us know??? SUP?? You are doing a job most won't even try. LOL Looks great....( well I will and do) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.