Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Did You Get Tobacco Related For CHRISTmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

My wife got me this to clean up after Myself After Rolling a few hundred.
:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 85

winston-smoker

I bought myself some leaf from www.wholeleaftobacco.com. That discount was just too good to refuse.

Well, if we're going to include self-purchases, I suppose my Fresh Choice cigarette-making machine (now on it's way for refurbishing -- sigh!) counts. After all, I used most of the cash gift I got from my Dad to buy it ... that is, the cash will pay the credit card bill!

I was really tempted by that 50% discount, and seriously considered placing an order for Don's Red Virginia, but I kept thinking about how I'm going to be "up to my ears" in tobacco soon, so I held off. In hindsight, given how well Don's packs the leaves in those heavy plastic vacuum sealed bags, I should have went for it anyway ... it would have kept long enough.

bonehead

i bought tobacco from www.wholeleaftobacco.com for myself. i actually got what i wanted. i didn't open any of the bags yet so i am glad they are see through. i don't know how long i can hold out because i can hear the red and lemon flue cured calling my name at night because i never tried them before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was really tempted by that 50% discount, and seriously considered placing an order for Don's Red Virginia, but I kept thinking about how I'm going to be "up to my ears" in tobacco soon, so I held off. In hindsight, given how well Don's packs the leaves in those heavy plastic vacuum sealed bags, I should have went for it anyway ... it would have kept long enough.

Like wine, tobacco continues to improve with age. The only problem in storing leaf is the space it takes up. Deribbing the leaf helps a lot to save space.

The Red Virginia is awesome! It's great by itself in a pipe and adds a wonderful flavor to a cigarette blend.

winston-smoker

Like wine, tobacco continues to improve with age. The only problem in storing leaf is the space it takes up. Deribbing the leaf helps a lot to save space.

The Red Virginia is awesome! It's great by itself in a pipe and adds a wonderful flavor to a cigarette blend.

Okay, Knuckle, rub it in! "Live and learn," I suppose.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I'm just giving Don a plug. I try to advertise for him at every opportunity. His leaf is well worth full price.

winston-smoker

I'm just giving Don a plug. I try to advertise for him at every opportunity. His leaf is well worth full price.

We're just joking anyway ... and I don't blame you at all for your heartfelt praise of Don's Red Virginia; the very reason why it's been on my radar is because everyone's been praising it, so it must be "effing" good. Of course, I could always have started chain-smoking and then not have to worry about having too much tobacco on hand! LOL. I hope that the Fresh Choice American Blend Full-Flavor, of which 5 lbs. will soon be on the way, is good.

Getting back on topic, I'm mildly surprised that there haven't been more posts to this thread ... is it possible that, even among our families and friends, the prospect of giving tobacco and tobacco-related products as Christmas gifts is now taboo?

Matty

I think, this year is the first year I've ever gotten something tobacco related, not counting lighters. My old man gave me a Xicar cigar cutter. Real nice, all stainless and aluminum, black powder coat. Double guillotine.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I did give my brother in law the cigar filler sampler and some Corojo wrapper for Christmas, but had to give myself all my own tobacco goodies.

Markw

I did drop the hint that a hand cranked tobacco shredder would be useful, otherwise I was expecting tickets for the show my Daughter works on in London. I ended up with socks and jumpers:)

springheal

For the first time in years, I received Heaps of RYO baccy and a brick of commercial cigarettes. The problem is I have a great supply of home grown baccy and not touched the commercial stuff and in no hurry to either:D
I have had a fantastic growing season and only half way through it. Heaps more harvesting to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.