Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

i can't smoke store bought cigarettes now. am i a tobacco snob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

my uncle came over for a visit and we ended up going to the park to let my dog run and get some exercise. i reached for my cigarettes after sharing a nip from a small flask of sour mash and they wern't in my coat pocket. i say out loud oh crap, my uncle says whats wrong? i forgot my smokes so my uncle tells me his girlfriend left her smokes in his truck last night and to take them. i fired one up and choked. i couldn't even smoke it and i wan'ted one bad. i never realized how bad they were. i think i might be turning into a tobacco snob.:confused: what are your experiences with this?

rainmax

Founding Member
Almost the same. I even think I would quit smoking cigarettes... one day. And yes, You are tobacco snob.

winston-smoker

What was the brand of the "store-bought" cigs? Was it one you've smoked before? But my hunch is, yes, you are a tobacco snob!:)

Maks,
Unless every cigarette in the world were to be made with fire-cured tobacco, I would never even think of quitting cigarette smoking!:eek:

leverhead

Join the club! I was out of town unexpectedly, I tried two different brands and they were both trash. I didn't smoke much 'till I got home.

driftinmark

the only brand that is close to what I smoke now is natural american spirit...and thats barely close, its still missing Don's izmir in it....I tried a market brand not to long ago, its from the rez , its a marl light knockoff...
wierd thing was, I could taste a sweetness on the filter, tasted kinda well, chemical....

needless to say, I think what we all have discovered here is probably the best tobacco we can get anywhere!!! it dosent even compare anymore...

every time I pass one of mine out, people remark on how "clean" the flavor is....no chemicals maybe?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it is true, once you come '' off'' the store bought cigg's. and have smoked '' pure'' baccca for a while.

and you try one of those chemical laden store bought cigg's not only do they smell funny when burning,

but after smoking pure bacca for a couple month's and smoking one of those thing's,

it is quiet nasty,

i prefer my cigg's over anything the store has to offer,

Knucklehead

Founding Member
it is true, once you come '' off'' the store bought cigg's. and have smoked '' pure'' baccca for a while.

and you try one of those chemical laden store bought cigg's not only do they smell funny when burning,

but after smoking pure bacca for a couple month's and smoking one of those thing's,

it is quiet nasty,

i prefer my cigg's over anything the store has to offer,

2nd this. In addition my "smokers cough" is gone. I don't wake up with a bad craving for a cigarette. My endurance is better, I'm not huffing and puffing trying to pull a small hill anymore. I'm smoking half or less the amount I was smoking just from reduced craving. My doctor even likes the sound of my lungs. Coincidence? You decide.

winston-smoker

So many of you guys say you're smoking less, but since I switched from commercial cigs to MYO, I've been smoking more! I think that the greater enjoyment (better taste) has encouraged me to smoke more often than I was for the last several years, though I'm not presently at a lifetime peak. Earlier today I just happened to start a pack of store bought cigs, Marlboro Blacks, which is the first time I've smoked commercial cigs in almost three months. Yeah, I also prefer my MYO cigs over these. I had gotten the pack of Marlboro Blacks out of curiosity ... I had never tried that style of Marlboro before.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
So many of you guys say you're smoking less, but since I switched from commercial cigs to MYO, I've been smoking more! I think that the greater enjoyment (better taste) has encouraged me to smoke more often than I was for the last several years, though I'm not presently at a lifetime peak. Earlier today I just happened to start a pack of store bought cigs, Marlboro Blacks, which is the first time I've smoked commercial cigs in almost three months. Yeah, I also prefer my MYO cigs over these. I had gotten the pack of Marlboro Blacks out of curiosity ... I had never tried that style of Marlboro before.

That's because of air quality. When you smoke in NYC, you're pulling in cleaner air than what you breathe due to the filter. lol

jekylnz

I found I was smoking more when I first got Dons whole leaf cause it tasted so good. ..when I was getting low on leaf..I started hiding it for myself and giving my leaf to the mrs...lol..it was hard to go back to my mediocre cured leaf when I ran out..

gregoryzim

Interesting thread. My whole grow your own experience began when I decided one day to start studying the history of tobacco and got eventually to the period late 1960's USA production and was appalled to learn whats really been going on since then. Given the whole English speaking world is fed USA made cigarettes or UK made on USA delivered tobacco - we are all in real terms getting USA tobacco - even here down under.

It was learning about the introduction of 'sheet' tobacco into the system late 1950's, made with formaldehyde and endless other seriously harmful chemicals, to use waste in cigarettes, plus the "current" major import into the USA for sheet of third world product grown still with DTT and many many other banned poisons as pesticides and herbicides - and to study the health impact since the use of all of this by the USA tobacco giants and compare that to European production which is much more strictly controlled with much less health impact- I realised we are being seriously conned by evil and conspiring men and I stopped. Now I have organic, hydroponically grown multi variety choice - there's no comparison. I've chucked the cigarettes altogether (started at 8 years old as a kid in Zimbabwe, and got to 60 a day in my 20's) and now moved to pipe/cigar and chewing. In studying early tobacco use when 5 cigarettes a day was normal - coz nicotine was higher - I've added higher nicotine varieties to the blends and down went my consumption too! Manage the weed - not the weed manage you is the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.