Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Chillardbee 2014 seed for exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
I have 13 varieties of seeds to swap. The seeds come from bagged plants and strick control in keeping everything seperate. Seeds have been tested and 99% germination rate observed. Seeds are as clean as can be with my limited resources and were cleanes with a strainer screen. Each seed pack will contian a 'Gruenwald pinch' of seed (1000+).
It will cost me just as much to send 13 varieties as it would the 1 so I will send all 13 to swappers and you can keep what you want and swap others as you wish. I'll take anything you wish to swap, If you have 13 varieties that are different than what you see on my list I'll take them and minimum I'd like in return is at least 1 variety (different from what I have listed) but would appreciate as many as you could send up to 13 or more varieties. the varieties I have to swap are as follows-

1. White stem Orinoco
2. Frog eye Orinoco
3. White mammoth
4. Big gem
5. Bonanza
6. Hickory pryor
7. Gold dollar
8. One sucker
9. Virginia bright leaf
10. Perique
11. Gold burley
12. Harrow velvet (burley)
13.Del Gold

Seeds I'm looking for are-

Oriental-
Xanthi*
Bafra*
Bursa
Samsun*
Shirazi
Izmir*
Smyrna
Ozbas
including any hybrids from above or other varieties. Let me know what you have.

Burley-
anything different than what I have listed. very intrested in KY varieties and YTB*.

Primitive-
Rusticas and others.

Flue cured-
Banana leaf
Del crest
Lemon bright*
Mammoth gold
Mammoth yellow
Virginia gold*
Yellow special
Golden harvest*
Golden wilt
White gold
Bright yellow*
Carolina bright
Gold leaf*
Yellow gold
and any VA, Virginia, Dixie bright, and Oxford varieties.

I'm open to any variety you want to trade with and this list is just my prefrences. Items with the * beside them are what I dearly want. I would be willing to send seeds from collected varieties from the grow season 2014 to swappers who are intrested in any varieties I do grow.

PM me your available varieties if your intrested.

Brown Thumb

I have Turkish Izmir and YTB , They were bagged and tested and screened the best I could do also with a strainer.
BT

chillardbee

Thank you everyone who is doing the seed swap with me. I will be shipping out these seeds on the 16 of janurary all at once just so I'm not having to keep going to and fro to the post office and to allow anyone else who wants to be on my seed swap list to get there seeds shipped at the same time. I will likely be shipping every 2 weeks after that for any one else who still wants to swap. Last shipping will be march 17.

chillardbee

So far I've got 11 folks I'll be sending seed to. I've bagged and tagged 20 little baggies of each variety (260 baggies worth) and these seeds will be posted on monday jan 20. I uped the date just to allow time for getting the packages ready. I don't think I'll be getting anymore seed packaged this year so there are still 9 packages of the 13 varieties left to trade. to tell you the truth. with what is being sent my way from you kind folks (you know who you are) I've already got well over the 125 varieties I'm going to grow this year.

That said, I still got those nine packages so I'm still willing to trade until they're gone with any late traders out there.

To everyone who has traded with me so far, A big ol' thank you to one and all.

DonH

Will, I have Xanthi Yaka, Samsun, and Bursa as well as Kelly Burley. I wouldn't mind some Perique seeds. I started my germination test yesterday so I will PM you when I know they all work. Let me know if there's anything else on my list you want.

Which of you flue cured types did you really like?

chillardbee

Don, if your refering to which of the flue cures of my varieties I grew last year, I'd say that del gold, virginia bright leaf, and gold dollar were great. White mammoth deserves a special note too, it had thicker leaf but those plants are heavy producers. 6 1/2 at crows foot and leaves were largest I've seen.

chillardbee

Ok, For all ya all who were expecting seed from me...Too bad...JK, JK, just joshing ya all, man I got a sick sense of humour.

Update;
I did not get the seeds sent when I wanted to. the post office were being (insert bad word here). ya know, if it looks like a letter post, weighs like a letter post, has the same diminsions as a letter post, smells like a letter post why, then why not charge for a letter post. In fact, the lady say's to me it needs to fit through this hole, as she easy passed it through the letter measurer while the whole time I'm thinking that there another hole I'd like to try passing it through. And then, with a striat face she says it's too big, while the letter passed through the hole. hmmmf. anyway, all your seeds were repackaged and different padding added to them.

The seeds were sent today Janurary 30, 2014 by post. A big thank you to my wife who addressed all the envolopes, two times over plus wrote the letters plus wrote on the oversized sticker (for nothing, because they were not needed). Thanks to everyone who has sent me seeds, you all have different and great ideas on packaging.

And so, I don't think I'll do anymore trading this year but the offer is on the table for a selection of any of the seeds I get this year to you guys who traded this year, and hopefully, it will be a grand selection. many thanks to you all.

To Name(User name)

May 2014 bring you a year of good growing, a bountiful harvest, and a pleasant smoke.

PS: I'm sorry mad house, I'm holding the letter I ment to send with the seeds to you in my hand and I think your going to get my original draft, lol.

chillardbee

Pm me when you all get your seeds...or if you didn't get your seeds. For the international areas, I would give it 3 weeks from the time I had shipped but they should be there sooner. I anyone hasn't gotten there seeds after 5 weeks (march 6), send me a PM.

Brown Thumb

I received your seed today, Wow, very nice job on labeling them and I like the use of the bigger envelope to keep the package thin. I thank you and your wife for the seeds, I hope you receive mine soon.
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 88

chillardbee

If I'm not mistaken, I got the idea for that packaging for the seeds from Madhouse. Wife made the labels and wrote all the letters and adresses. I packed them and then Char stamped them and sent them on there way. Most the UK guys got them already.

Markw

If I remember 5 days from posting. now that's what I call fast !!!. All nicely packaged as well a good job done Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.