Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smoked Catfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i have 2 non-working small freezers, that come summer-time, im gonna turn them into a smoker.

proablly use a old POT BELLY STOVE. for the heat / smoke source.

alhungie

I think it would probably taste alright. I have smoked a few salmon and they all turned out delicious.

BarG

Founding Member
how has that worked indianjoe? The only way I could think to smoke them is the alaskan

way, You have to freeze the smoke.

Thats rough catering that many people.

I do work for a ranch that leases to beefmasters and hunting retrievers.. Snowbirds come down south to train during winter..

indianjoe

Founding Member
BarG,
I "borrowed" a commercial smoke house for a few weeks that makes deer and beef jerky. The fish were laid out on stainless steel racks and dryed out with the smoke. They turned out good, and I could do a couple of hundred pounds at a time. I brushed with butter and garlic rubs every day or so. I still like them fried :)

BarG

Founding Member
Allright indianjoe. You got it goin man. I can't even imagine the lbs of fillets your talking about and how to deal with them,
You made it happen.

BarG

Founding Member
Them fillets don't just dissapear, somebody ate em.
There used to be some commercial fisherman on our part of the river here , till they got old and retired. [you know like a hundred or so]They were cool man, now there is guides for gar fishing and we get folks from wyoming, come catch a big gar.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.