Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

fertilizer for seeds

6 inches tall minimum

fertilizer for seeds

I had cotyledon only seedlings (just the two tiny seed leaves) in 48-cell trays, under a humidity dome, covered with doubled Agribon-AG15 (so ~20% shade) with 1/2 day of full sun (through glass) daily for about 4 days. They are now under only single layer Agribon (so ~10% shade), with no dome, though still behind window glass.

If you introduce them to direct sun gradually, they seem to tolerate it well, though you have to still keep the soil moist. Mine are in ~70ºF, and growing well. Once they have true leaves, and look sturdy enough to endure the elements, I'll take them outside for a gradual introduction to the real thing.

Bob

fertilizer for seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2md View Post
    6 inches tall minimum
    Steve2md, are you allowing for windage on them zombies. That Avatar looks like your trying to shoot em.

fertilizer for seeds

haha, my kids picked that one out. Zombie plumbers are after dddrrrrraaaiiiiinnnssss!

fertilizer for seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2md View Post
    haha, my kids picked that one out. Zombie plumbers are after dddrrrrraaaiiiiinnnssss!
    First thing I taught my kids is there aint no such thaing as a veggie zombie. But if there was I make em stay outa my garden.

fertilizer for seeds

i believe it's time to incorporate a fert, to my young plants,

i got some yellowing on my burley strain,,,,,looks like it needs nitrogen,

so they are all getting it,

Banned

fertilizer for seeds

Chicken, I see my starts yellowing as a first sign they are to wet also. I also fertilize mine as soon as they have 4 true leaves. Opinons vary as to fertilizing starts before they are set out. Some say it makes a pampered weak plant that is delayed when transplanted. I did not notice that so much. But then I keep on pampering my plants even after they have been transplanted. I am going to have to pay more attention to how to produce a start that can be planted and then left to the mercy of Mother Nature this year. I am gong to try and start them with vey little fertilizer. harden them by lettign them dry out the week before they get planted out as well as the regular week long hardening off by exposing them to the outdoors and full sun.

fertilizer for seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    how to produce a start that can be planted and then left to the mercy of Mother Nature this year. .
    One thing you can do is pay careful attention to which of your plants are growing better in relation to all the others. Save that seed and keep doing that for several years. That way you will be "breeding" seeds for plants that grow best in you micro climate. I'd suggest coming up with some criteria now, then when you visit your plants this summer take note in a notebook. Criteria I've used in the past are (a) first to bud, (b) least amount of aphids and (c) overall vigor. You might want to add something like (d) least resistant to wilting

Randy B

fertilizer for seeds

try to get some worm castings and aozmite , and make a compost tea look up compost tea

fertilizer for seeds

in your area see if you can pick up some aozmite what it is is minreals i have stareded with this with tamatos and theck stroung baces man i need a good spell check

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast