Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rainy Day Corn Cob Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

Winter slipped away under cover of darkness. Good riddance, it'll be gone for at least a week. Thanks to DeluxeStogie, I found a couple of corn cobs and cigar in my mailbox. It's pretty rustic, but for a thirty minuet project I think it's worth the effort. It smokes cool, quick and is rugged enough to go anywhere with me. Thank you Bob!

Home Made Corn Cob Pipe a.JPGHome Made Corn Cob Pipe b.JPG

bonehead

that looks retro cool. i wan't to make one but leave on the skirt (husks) for a pipe stand and a little conversation starter. what kind of corn gives you that color cob? that would be one of the ultimate garden grows. i could grow it between the tobacco and barley or wheat. eat,drink and smoke. talk about the ultimate prepper seed pack.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20130901_951_Oaxaca_fatEars_700.jpg

The cobs I'm sending to the veteran pipe makers is Oaxaca Green dent corn. The fully red ear (pipe on far right) is Bloody Butcher from a drought year.

leverhead

The stem is just a piece of lower growth tier of bamboo, they curve like that normally. The cigar is for Friday if it hits 70 F. I don't think you'd want to leave the husk skirt, the bigger end is the top of the bowl. I'll make another stem tomorrow and take some pictures of how I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.