Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brown Thumbs Available Seed, No swap necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

All were bagged with paint strainers.germ tested. Not accurately but looks very good.Pods were cleaned on there own paper to prevent mixing.Some debris I only have a kitchen strainer.
Turkish Ismir
YTB
Big Gem
Pa Red
Catterton
Bright Leaf
Havana Strain unknown good producer.
Shoot me a pm , Anyone is welcome
BT
View attachment 8971

Brown Thumb

To everyone that has asked for seed, I hope to get to post office sat.
To get the custom forms done.
I have plenty of seeds left and if you are over the pond it is no prob.
BT

springheal

I was one of the members.

A very kind offer and very much appreciated. Especially that I live sooooo far away!

Thank you.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
To everyone that has asked for seed, I hope to get to post office sat.
To get the custom forms done.
I have plenty of seeds left and if you are over the pond it is no prob.
BT

BT, you can also go to www.usps.com, fill out the customs form and print the label. If you need help with it, give me a PM. You won't even need a self stick label, you can print it on regular printer paper and tape it to the envelope.

Brown Thumb

Thanks Knucks, I didn't know you could do international mail on there.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Click "Ship a Package" , "Print label with postage", at the drop down menu, put the country where you'll be shipping, then "print a label now". You will need to register, so the next page will be the login with your email address and a password. Then you'll fill out the addresses.
There is a drop down menu later on that you will need to select your exemption, it is the one on top. When asked about the contents, I usually use "clean seed samples" or "leaf samples". The tobacco or leaf has made it through every time so far, although Maks had to pay a high tax on his end one time for a lb. of leaf. The rest of it is pretty straight forward but if you get hung up give me a jingle.

It costs me more in gas to go to the post office than the shipping costs, so I was glad to find this option. I also buy my stamps online and I bought a 10 lb. postal scale from them. I paid more for the 10 lb. because it ran off 110v. The 5 lb scale is cheaper and runs off batteries. You can also order free flat rate boxes from the website and they will deliver them to your door. I think there is a very small shipping fee, but again, it's still a lot cheaper than gas.

Brown Thumb

Just a little update,
Domestic seeds went out yesterday.
International seeds went out today.
I am out of Havana and getting low on Turkish Ismir.
I am only doing domestic now due to I do not have time to get to the post office.
Unfortunately First Class mail cannot be done on line internationally, you can do the custom forms Tho.
I would like to hear how the seed make it to you wrapped in paper towel.
BT

papster51

Hey BT,
Received the seed today. Packing was great no problems with paper towel. Thanks again really appreciate it

Brown Thumb

I can't get rid of these seeds to save my life!!
The post office keeps sending them back!
I sent about 10 envelopes out to people in the USA.
2 envelopes came back for 20 cents additional postage.
I put another stamp on them and send them out.
The post office sends one back again to me again. WTF.
I am feeling a little postal right now.
I do not remember who got the other one that was returned for postage but if you received it can you let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 160

Brown Thumb

I went to the post office today in bangor, I usually go to the one in wind gap.
I ask why was this returned and she said you have to blackout return to sender stamp.
Makes sense, I guess. But why was the other one not returned to me?
Then I hand her a standard envelope with seed in it to ship to Canada with a customs form and she processes it and I pay.
Then she asks why am I doing a customs form and I tell her the lady in wind gap told me I had to when shipping seed into Canada. She Disagrees with her and says maybe she knows something she does not know.
From what I see I do not need to do custom forms. And it costs a Lot more due to it is considered a package.
Thanx for any input,
BT

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think I remember Sky posting that customs forms weren't needed for standard envelopes.

skychaser

lol The whims of the post office. I know them all to well. Your letter was probably too fat. It has to drop freely though this measuring slot they have to be a letter. If it doesn't fall through the slot by gravity only, (you can't push it) it is to fat for their automated processing machines and becomes classified as a parcel and must be hand processed. So the postage goes up. It can't be much thicker than a birthday card or 4-5 folded sheets of paper.

When you go international the same thickness rules apply, but technically a "letter" can't contain any sort of merchandise, or it then also becomes classified as a parcel and a customs slip is required. Parcels require slips in case you exceed some certain $ value, then import duties may apply. And the contents of your parcel may require some sort of inspection first too depending on what it is. It is ok to ship seeds to Canada without them being inspected first, but most other agricultural products must be inspected. Every country has it's own rules for imports.

So what it really comes down to is, if you keep you letter relatively thin and don't tell anyone whats in it, it will get right through.

Brown Thumb

Thanx Skychaser,
The women in wind gap was real friendly and was happy ,over charging.
The women in bangor was like a nasty bull dog but was determined to get it fingered out.
Can we get a shipping stickey somewhere with the rates and customs needed for international ?

springheal

Seed arrived today in fine condition Tom. The paper towel you used was very thick which did the job perfectly. I can not see any sign of crushing at all.

I'm sorry to read the hassles you have had with postage considering all the effort you have put into helping other members.

I am one delighted member due to the generosity of a fellow member.

Thank you Tom.

Nikfits

I can't get rid of these seeds to save my life!!
The post office keeps sending them back!
I sent about 10 envelopes out to people in the USA.
2 envelopes came back for 20 cents additional postage.
I put another stamp on them and send them out.
The post office sends one back again to me again. WTF.
I am feeling a little postal right now.
I do not remember who got the other one that was returned for postage but if you received it can you let me know.

attachment.php

That envelope sure looks like the one I got in the mail today. :D

Tom, I really appreciate the seeds you sent me. I feel bad for all the trouble you went through to get them here.

They have landed, and hope to be tucked in fresh soil on the 15th of this month.

Thank You Tom...

dino07

I am only doing domestic now due to I do not have time to get to the post office.
Unfortunately First Class mail cannot be done on line internationally, you can do the custom forms Tho.
I would
o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.