Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

gearing up for the upcoming season,'' whats your upcoming plans ''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
unfortunatlly, im in a new plot, than my last one, i dont have acess to the 2 tons of chicken manure that i had decomposing in my other plot,

so im poop free. i did aqquire a old school tiller, that has a ROD KNOCKING ....i got it yesterday, and hit it with starting fluid to see how bad the issue was, as soon as it started i shut it off. my friend had it, he gave it to me for '' gas money'' for bringing it.

2 weeks ago another friend showed me a tiller motor he had for $60......

which still has the trottle cable hooked to it. from what it came off of.

soon ill put the 2 toghter, and have a MAN-HANDLER of a tiler,

soon i'll be starting my crop under light's. i like to be planted by april 1'st....

and i may try to seell some plants at the flea market to '' test '' the waters and see how it goes,

so i may start way more than i need,???????

i got a nice winter garden going in the future spot, and have fertilized the soil. which im gonna let grow the bacca, i may refertilize it, when the plants are 2 ft. tall. with pot-ash.

WHAT U GOT GOIN ON FOR YOUR FUTURE SUMMER GROW, whats different,????? whats gonna be new,??????? what new equipment will you be incorporating?????

e.t.c.:confused:

Brown Thumb

Good to see you around again Chicken.
I tried to sell my extra seedling on craigslist and I sold a bunch but they only wanted usually 5 plants or less and I think I charged 2 bucks ea. I ended up giving them twice more than they paid to get rid of them. More of a hassle than anything.
BT

bonehead

my compost pile is rotting pretty good. when we had snow on the ground for a week the only place without snow was the steaming pile of s##t. last spring i got a pile of wood chips delivered for weed control and the pile will be ready to spread this spring. wood chips work real good but they have to be aged like tobacco to grow tobacco. pretty soon i will move my fermenters to set up my grow room.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I've been wanting to plow for weeks now but either the ground is frozen or it's raining and the ground is too wet. My soil has too much clay and I want to work in some sand, rotten sawdust, and Black Kow composted manure. My father wants a garden this year so I'll be working up both plots. I've added a used 4' tiller to pull behind the tractor to my arsenal. Like last year, I'm at the mercy of the weather.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
id like to get my hands on a bunch of sawdust also, and thiers wood mills all around me, but right now, i dont have a truck,

just a car

buck

This will be my first year growing tobacco and I have to create a separate room with insulation and heating in my garage to start my seedlings.
I need to build my raised bed, prepare the dirt and setup my slow drip hose.
Later during the summer I'll need to build a kiln.

I have lots of work cut out for me.

bonehead

i am going to add more five gallon buckets to grow more black sea samsun in. they seem to really thrive in the buckets and can be grown real close together in double rows. i need to figure out what new kinds of tobacco to grow also. i know i wan't to try african red and a couple of different types of pipe tobacco. any suggestions on the pipe varieties would be appreciated.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i was walking the property today, and found a good spot, that i can till up. and throw a couple plants there,

i want to bust up a part of the back-yard, [ that at one time was my garden spot ]

but my woman dont want me to till it up. but she also, knows i require a lot of space.

im gonna win this battle, the AREA WILL BE TILLED,

ive contacted the guy who, has the motor for my tiller, gettin ready to bring that thing to life, '' again''

i also have acess to another tiller, thats real old school.

im thinking of taking the '' tines'' off of each side, and modify them to go on my working tiller, so i will have a 6 tine tiller.

A BEAST<------------

grgfinney

Same old spot,got a rear tine tiller off craigslist for 75 bucks, new varieties to grow chilean, african red,ancient tobacco, shirey,bamboo shoot,paris wrapper,juniper,

BarG

Founding Member
Considering the length of my grow season I plan on starting my seedlings in mid march still using my green house. I will probably keep it to around a dozen varietys with no clue yet as to how many plants. I will be growing combo cigarette and cigar varietys again. Good luck this season everyone. I will start prepping ground for tobacco and vegetables in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.