Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Roller Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

if you wan't a short smoke roll a medium sized cigar and cut it into two or three pieces. it would be perfect for a short break or spring fishing. it would keep the bugs away when around streams,rivers and ponds and you would be able to share a smoke with your group of anglers without wasting a large cigar for someone who doesn't enjoy cigars but hates bugs in their eyes and ears and mouth and nose.------ head, shoulders,knees and toes, knees and toes.(sorry i couldn't resist) remember that song?

jojjas

Great job with that one BigB, want one but cant afford it right now, just paid for our summer vaccation adventures , but i just got struck by an idea , cant this be used to make pipe tobacco coins , like escudo coins
escudo.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
Or like Bullseye Flake. ;)

Peter_Stokkebye_Luxury_Bullseye_Flake_Pipe_Tobacco.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
I didn't see that video, but I found this one, I guess it's similar.

Last edited:

BigBonner

Founding Member
The machines probably could be used to make pipe tobacco . It will open up to a fifty cent piece matbe bigger .
I may have some time on my hands today and see how it does .

If I remember right it was Virginia and dark fired tobacco rolled tightly and packed in a box with weight on top . Then sliced thinly .

The price on ebay is high because of ebay fees and shipping cost .
I may have to do away with free shipping as ebay wants to charge for that as a selling fee .

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I dont see why You can't use it for Rolled plug or Navy (less the cord), Just put a larger tarp on it.
On the finnish paint, I use Wrinkle coat paint on steal parts I make. It gives it that finnish You see on high dollar insterments and cameras. It cost 3 or 4 bucks at Auto Zone and one can will do 4 or 5 of them easy. It covers all scrathes that You cant polish out. That is good looking work and nice cigars it rolls. They dont look to tight. Perfect for a mould.

DGBAMA

This is one of my favorite spray finishes. Very professional looking, almost powder coated appearance.
hammered.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I agree, It gives it a hamered finnish. I seen it in bronz as well. That is the same paint I use on My power tools for work. It last and takes a beating still looking good. Wally world sells it for around the same, It will cover a lot. Dont have to worry about runs and dries fast. I would use both over powder coat or epoxy- same outcome and less price. That would make the rollers look a million bucks.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I will pick up a few cans of Rust_Oleum hammered and see what it does .

I used Rust_Oleum high heat gloss for BBQ grills . It does a good job of covering .

I used two different Enamel paints on one roller .Rust_oleum and another one made in the USA . The funny thing that happened was , I sprayed the roller the night before with the two enamel paints and it looked great . The next day I scuffed the paint in a spot or two and I re painted . When the coat of paint hit and started to dry it crinkled like crinkle paint . I had to strip the whole top and re paint it .

I also used one can of the Rust-oleum high heat in the metallic grey . It looked like crap and I re painted it black .

Brown Thumb

Try to finish painting in the first hour. They say recoat after 24 hrs. But that depends on temp. Humidity And whatever wants you to have a crappy day when it lifts up and smiles at you.
Here is a pic of the gold hammered finish. Looks real close to the cap.
image.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I think You will be happy with it. I use the silver due to it shows less with wear. I wait an hr. and hit it again. Then let it set in the sun all day. It will smell till the next day when it is dry. 24 hrs. works for Me. That wil make the roller look HOT! What is good about it is You can lay it on heavy and catch the runs on the bottom and not showit.

Brown Thumb

Why waste paint with runs? Light Coats , painting is like a pyramid.
/\ The higher you go the smoother, Hit the top and go over you got the runs.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
That is why this type of paint is made- It fills the spots and blemishes with no primer that looks as the cap dose. I use 2 heavy coats. It isn't auto body. The cap is the texture You want on nice equipment.

BigBonner

Founding Member
There has been a question of the rolling mat .
Here is how to adjust the mat .
In the picture , under the left handle there is a thumb screw . Loosen it , this frees up the rod that goes across to the right .
On the right side under the handle is a flat end on that bar . With the flat end acting as a knob you can turn it to loosen or tighten the rolling mat .
The mat is plenty long enough for large cigars and can be rolled up for smaller cigars .
D7mNDar.jpg

Brown Thumb

Larry did you try to smoke any of the little cigars you rolled?
If so how did they smoke.
Thanks, BT

BigBonner

Founding Member
I tried one after it dried a little . It was so tight It would hardly draw . It looked good But would not draw . It was about 7 inches long . A thinner mat may make them roll better or less filler .

A pin through the middle might make it burn like it should . If I can find one I will give it a try .

I have ( 2 ) twin rollers sitting on my stripping room table now with Hammered paint and ready to put the mat on .

Status
Not open for further replies.