Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikikigun

My current dry boxes. After I roll stuff I stick it in a dry box for 2 weeks to 2 months, and then schlep it into a humi.
ujtcOb0.jpg

tullius

Verdict: OK, perfect draw, good burn, toasted white oak, tanned leather, hint of cream finally, thai white pepper, spicy slightly bitter cedar at the end. Startlingly white ash, not so floral nose, muddled/balanced overall: hard to pick out individual flavors. Smoking on a week's rest. I'll age half of these ten for a while and see what happens.

IMG_20190916_054437346.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20190917_4748_cigar_Ntomentosa_puro_700.jpg

During the 2018 season, @skychaser successfully grew Nicotiana tomentosa, one of the purported "parents" of N. tabacum. He explained how difficult it had been to get the seed to germinate, and the plants to thrive. This past winter, he sent me a small packet of the air-cured leaf. It looked like Basma, in color, shape and size.

At that time, I rolled one small cigar, and smoked it. The surprise was that it was smokable at all, since most non-tabacum species of Nicotiana aren't very nice to smoke. But it wasn't all that inviting. I allowed it to rest another 6 months, then put it into my kiln for 5 weeks. It's now been out of the kiln for about two weeks.

The size of the cigar is dictated by the diminutive size of the wrapper leaf. Unlit aroma is similar to that of a bland Oriental, like Mutki. It lights easily, and its continued combustion is good, though not great. The smoke aroma starts off fairly flat and uninteresting, but builds to a somewhat delicate and more complex, slightly floral quality by mid-cigar--again resembling an Oriental. Missing are the deeper tones and bottom support found in the aroma of cigar leaf. It truly reminds me of the Mutki puro that I smoked some years ago.

I'll go out on a limb here, and suggest that the Basma family of Orientals takes after its mother, more so than any of its other "offspring".

Thank you to @skychaser for a rare opportunity.

Bob

waikikigun

Garden20190917_4748_cigar_Ntomentosa_puro_700.jpg

During the 2018 season, @skychaser successfully grew Nicotiana tomentosa, one of the purported "parents" of N. tabacum. He explained how difficult it had been to get the seed to germinate, and the plants to thrive. This past winter, he sent me a small packet of the air-cured leaf. It looked like Basma, in color, shape and size.

At that time, I rolled one small cigar, and smoked it. The surprise was that it was smokable at all, since most non-tabacum species of Nicotiana aren't very nice to smoke. But it wasn't all that inviting. I allowed it to rest another 6 months, then put it into my kiln for 5 weeks. It's now been out of the kiln for about two weeks.

The size of the cigar is dictated by the diminutive size of the wrapper leaf. Unlit aroma is similar to that of a bland Oriental, like Mutki. It lights easily, and its continued combustion is good, though not great. The smoke aroma starts off fairly flat and uninteresting, but builds to a somewhat delicate and more complex, slightly floral quality by mid-cigar--again resembling an Oriental. Missing are the deeper tones and bottom support found in the aroma of cigar leaf. It truly reminds me of the Mutki puro that I smoked some years ago.

I'll go out on a limb here, and suggest that the Basma family of Orientals takes after its mother, more so than any of its other "offspring".

Thank you to @skychaser for a rare opportunity.

Bob
Enjoyed the write-up and the photo. Nice-looking wrapper.

waikikigun

Bumped into a dude at a bar (Wildcat Lounge) whom I knew a long time ago when we were both art school students in Paris.

Him: "Still doing any nude modelling?"
Me: "Not much, no."
Him: "So what are you up to these days?"
Me: "Counterfeiting Cuban cigars, mostly. What about you?"

(This is made from some of the stuff in my recent "Tobacco Leaf Delivery" video.)
X2Dak3Q.jpg

tullius

Bumped into a dude at a bar (Wildcat Lounge) whom I knew a long time ago when we were both art school students in Paris.

Him: "Still doing any nude modelling?"
Me: "Not much, no."
Him: "So what are you up to these days?"
Me: "Counterfeiting Cuban cigars, mostly. What about you?"
Him: "Glad you asked. So do they taste like Habanos?"
You: "Not much, no."

Jvergen

My path the the American cigar BB-WTB filler, Pen red binder and PA wrapper. Overall sweet tobacco with a bit of cedar good flavor, need to keep working on the glue, used a but too much.

Jeff

Attachments

• 15687567765351471752683.jpg
    15687567765351471752683.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.