Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullius

write it down, learn, change up, smoke, repeat, keep rolling. you never stop learning if you don't stop

tullius

So, you're getting a taste of the difficult aspect of this hobby
Yes I am. Took some time to respond to your post because I needed to sort out an honest answer.

Used to think your words were a little jaded, but now I see blending cigars is a very difficult task. The batch size in a cigar compared to bulk pipe tobacco is miniscule: 2-8 leaves as compared to hundreds, and that's disregarding any inconsistencies in leaf/drying/fermenting/aging/etc. I don't think your words are quite so jaded anymore.

What will I do with the one variety of cigar leaf out of six I got that I don't like much? Keep it, use it, age it, try it again but not the same way: 2-2-2 of what I've got isn't a bad blend and my brother likes it if I don't decide to keep, and it's good enough I'll keep. Half a pound left. Throw it out, no. Would be an injustice to the tobacco and the people that processed it. Or, I'm that cheap.

Agree on lesser quantities avail for purchase, maybe 1/2 lb. packs is a good compromise?

I look at a natural commercial tobacco plant product the same as a commercial peach plant product: sometimes you go to a trusted good produce store and get a juicy ripe dripping sweet perfect example of the species, and sometimes you get an unripe dry mealy stiff pink lump. There's so many variables in the supply chain, it's probably not the store.

I sure get a lot more consistent results dealing with tobacco than with peaches. Like you said, I pays my moneys and takes my chances. But, I like my chances.

This is a worthwhile discussion to have.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In blending a cigar with my own top leaf from Piloto Cubano PR, I can handle only about a quarter to a half leaf of it, among 3 or 4 large leaves of milder tobacco (Corojo 99, Honduran Habano, etc.). The flavor that the dark Piloto Cubano adds is full and rich and powerful, but the nicotine in it maxes out my limit.

Bob

waikikigun

U1ihIBm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.