Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 159 of 206 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2051

Re: Pics of your sticks!!

For Youn: I put the leaves in high case in a cardboard box and than put the box in a closed plastic bag. All went on the back seats of my car that is parked all the day in sun. But the sun never hit directly the box.
    A thermometer in the box show me that the highest temperature was 50° C (it was in august) and the lowest night temperature was about 20° C.
    Sometimes I sprayed the leaves with water because they dry out.
    I let in for two weeks, the first period I smelled the ammonia but then emerger the tobacco fragrance. The only mistake was that I would left for other two-three weeks.

Do you smoked it? I'm curios if the not so good aroma of mine are caused from not complete kilning or from the presence of Virginia Gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanerpaddel View Post
    Tried to roll some variants ..
    The cigars on the left only contain leaves for Alida, so it should be called Åhus-Havana.
    The middle of it is built by Huehuetenango, Prilep P66, Semois as the inlay and the rest are Virginia Brightleaf.
    The cigars on the right have the Prilep P66 and Virginia Brightleaf as the insert. Even here Virginia are also binder and wrapper.

Attachment 22238

Not yet ciennepi, still too moist. I have also a lot of questions about some variety´s (should it move to the pipe tobacco box or to the snus box)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciennepi View Post
    Do you smoked it? I'm curios if the not so good aroma of mine are caused from not complete kilning or from the presence of Virginia Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ciennepi View Post
    For Youn: I put the leaves in high case in a cardboard box and than put the box in a closed plastic bag. All went on the back seats of my car that is parked all the day in sun. But the sun never hit directly the box.
    A thermometer in the box show me that the highest temperature was 50° C (it was in august) and the lowest night temperature was about 20° C.
    Sometimes I sprayed the leaves with water because they dry out.
    I let in for two weeks, the first period I smelled the ammonia but then emerger the tobacco fragrance. The only mistake was that I would left for other two-three weeks.
    Thanks for the answer. Yes, I think it need more time because the sun do not warm 24 hours per day…

Rolling a cigar from long scraps is easy and fast. I grab a fist full of long scrap from the gallon bag that lives near my rolling counter, slap on a binder and a wrapper, and it's good to go.

This PA Red hung in the shed for over a year, and then was kilned for a month. Some of the leaves are redder or darker. Some are even lighter. But all of them are somewhat narrow and quite long.

The trick to rolling long scrap is to avoid compressing it too much, since the scraps are mostly narrow strips, and create few folds within the bunch. PA Red as a binder is a little touchy, since it doesn't have as much stretch as I would prefer. As a wrapper, it may or may not be pretty. This one is on the "not" side. But it provides a deep wood and leather taste. It's a bit thick. The burn of two layers of PA Red is adequate, but not great. For scrap filler, of unidentifiable blending, it works well.

And the tiny, fall Mums are nice to look at.

Bob

EDIT: Rolling with short scrap is different. It's messier, without a Lieberman device. But you can compress a short scrap cigar just as tightly as you can (if the scrap is in low case), and it will still draw easily.
    Last edited by deluxestogie; 10-11-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Taste wise I generally really enjoy scrap cigars because it usually holds a large range of different leafs I rolled with over the past weeks. Not many different varieties per se, but many leafs. They may be scraps from just Besuki, but from different planting areas, different seasons, different crop years, or even different exporters. Whereas a normal cigar gives me only the possibility to blend so many leafs. Anyway, no PA Red to my availability, looks a nice cigar Deluxe!

I was inspired by Tutu.

I rolled some short cigar scrap into a corn husk. To tie it, I twisted a portion of a stretchy wrapper leaf into a piece of twine. I had hoped to tie it using a clove hitch, but I ended up just wrapping it twice, then tying a snug overhand.

It's rather ugly, once it's lit, but the aroma is what I would expect if I smoked a cigar in a new corncob pipe. It burned fairly well, and stayed together better than I expected.

Because the husk is stiff lengthwise, but flexible to rolling, and since the section of husk, from the start of the cigar, is as long as the completed cigar, it behaved like its own rolling mat. So rolling the short scrap was easier than when I use a tobacco leaf.

With my lips contacting only the corn husk, this was also similar to smoking a cigar held in a plastic mouthpiece.

Bob

On the contrary Bob, it's beautiful! I'm quite impressed. Plus it is completely homegrown!

That looks like something from the 70s...lol!

Would the lengthwise stiffness of the corn husk prevent you from rolling it on an angle like you would with a tobacco leaf?
    Now all them things that seemed so important, well mister they vanished right into the air - The Boss

Page 159 of 206 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast