Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaious12

Hello all,

Rolled my first four sticks, and I'm bit. They are definitely not the prettiest, but the two smaller ones smoked nice, and had a mostly even burn.

I fully intended to stick to the roll one smoke one philosophy until I get construction consistent; I also had no intentions on attempting a cap, but then I started.

I did learn to double check which side of the leaf I'm working on. The first stick, the flag is the wrong side facing out.
20191225_004127.jpg20191225_110502.jpg

Van

Hello all,

Rolled my first four sticks, and I'm bit. They are definitely not the prettiest, but the two smaller ones smoked nice, and had a mostly even burn.

I fully intended to stick to the roll one smoke one philosophy until I get construction consistent; I also had no intentions on attempting a cap, but then I started.

I did learn to double check which side of the leaf I'm working on. The first stick, the flag is the wrong side facing out.
View attachment 29216View attachment 29217
Looks great it is 100 times better than my attempts

Chacocii

20191226_144552-jpg.29222

Been a few weeks since I rolled any. Nice to get back to it.

Attachments

• 20191226_144552.jpg
    20191226_144552.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 154

tullius

result: excellent draw, very good burn, medium body spicy light, balanced cedar/green peppercorn/creamy custard complex mid with whiffs of dijon mustard, superb peppery finish. Best taste and nose of anything I've rolled so far, and very balanced. I think that hint of astringent mustard (not unpleasant) will fade with time in the humidor, which is where the rest of these young sticks are going.
IMG_20191227_030124349.jpg

zacRock

First attempt was a case study, everything was too dry. The remains are in a scrap bag for future attempt at a mixed filler. Second and third attempts below. The leaf was from WLT’s Oscuro y Rico kit. No mold, no cap, a little glue.

A48D7F44-3EEE-4196-BAC7-A49329603B67.jpeg
AB7AACA7-6F1D-4AE9-A0F0-5C70E1701372.jpeg

tullius

result: good draw and burn, smooth light, very white ash, balanced medium mild white pepper/toffee caramel mid, astringent funky white oak finish. Missing all kinds of things, but especially anything floral. I've reviewed this blend before: be interesting to check back.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20191228_4913_Belgian_Merveilleux_600.jpg

A friend sent me a box that contained a wide variety. I selected this short parejo. Its frontmark is "Merveillueux". It is made by Deavas, from Belgium, of all places. Who knew such fine specimens were made there? The box was tagged as "Fair Trade". What a coincidence!

None of them bore individual bands, but there was an illustrated "key" for identifying them. I found it a bit tricky to open the head.

The start was rather intense--a reflection of its deep maduro wrapper, which complimented its lighter filler. There may have been no binder. I sensed a bit of a floral quality. As it began to cruise, a rich and complex swirling of Little Dutch and Pennsylvania Broadleaf filled my senses. There may be a hint of Habano ligero among the aromas. The smoke was not particularly impressive. Finish included a mix of light Oriental and Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo, topped by full hazel nut. When I was done, there was no ash or butt or any other sign that this beautiful vitola had ever existed.

I believe that this is beyond my ability to create myself.

Bob

sammiz

Pies out of the oven, root veg in, my chance to get out there and take a break. Rolled this live on Youtube a few nights ago. It's pretty strong! Between all that ligero and that glass of porto, I got a little buzz goin on. Michelle came out and sat next to me in the sunny patch and said, "You look deep in thought." Happy Thanksgiving!

l46Icbq.jpg
Wow look at that razor burn line!!! Awesome roll too.

Status
Not open for further replies.