Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullius

The sole benefit of a mold is aesthetic: to create a smoother surface and a more uniform and reproducible shape. This is of paramount importance to cigar factories.
Not the sole benefit: hell of a lot faster too over time once you get working with it down.

Nathan Esq

My First Cigar!

3 leaves Nic Seco and 1 Nic Lig and 1 Nic Seco for Binder. Im not ready for wrapper yet. Way too loose, not a good ash, but oh my, it tastes Deelish! Couldn't wait for it to dry and humidor, smoked it an hour after rolling. Cant wait for my WLT order tomorow!

Attachments

• 20200108_205219.jpg
    20200108_205219.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200108_205147.jpg
    20200108_205147.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

MarcL

My First Cigar!

3 leaves Nic Seco and 1 Nic Lig and 1 Nic Seco for Binder. Im not ready for wrapper yet. Way too loose, not a good ash, but oh my, it tastes Deelish! Couldn't wait for it to dry and humidor, smoked it an hour after rolling. Cant wait for my WLT order tomorow!
Congratulations and welcome aboard! .. that looks like a nice wrapper.

DePasta

One if my favorite molds is this Perfecto mold. It is supposed to be a 50 RG but it puts out 48 (maybe I'm pressing too hard.). Having not perfected the Perfecto, it turns out some nice torpedoes.

My goal in 2020 is to work in my rolling patience. I smoke 2 a day typically, so my rolling shows that. I often focus on production over process. As we saw some years ago in the Cuban cigar industry that can negatively impact quality. Although they still smoke ok, they aren't pretty....I try to keep a 2 week safety stock so I smoke with some age. I set aside others for longer aging.
20200109_085442.jpg

tullius

Them look nice and pretty from here. Think I have mold envy now. Think of the stories those have heard.

waikikigun

Them look nice and pretty from here. Think I have mold envy now. Think of the stories those have heard.
The stories are a big part of the pleasure of wood molds for me. No doubt the plastics have stories too but there's a lot less evidence of it. And the wood molds are typically of a known provenance, i.e. factory.

zacRock

Home roll number 5. 25+ mph winds this morning dictated that I not smoke a cigar on the water. Leaf is still from WLT’s Oscuro y Rico kit. No mold, no cap, a little glue. Roll times are getting shorter, sticks are getting a little more uniform. We will see how number 6 goes when it happens.
5CF7C477-26BD-4804-A44A-0DE497892DCE.jpeg

tullius

review: good draw, good burn, very complex malty slightly sweet light, hazelnut milk chocolate caramel mid, spice and caramel finish. Pretty good!

This particular leaf was a bit tough to use as a wrapper, had to be careful not to tear. But really like how it looks and tastes: nice and dark and rustic and sweet.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I love the reader's cap-toe, high-top shoes, and the beautiful, free-hand-rolled cigars. Look at how consistent the individual cigars are in that half-wheel at desk 179.

I think I may be in that photo, though I don't really remember a photographer being there:

lector_andBob_100.jpg

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.