Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1693

Re: Pics of your sticks!!

I got a package of tobacco from Whole Leaf today. No customs issues as usual. I am happy to see that the Dominican binder is the same as the previous batch. I'm trying the Flojo seco and the Cibao Valley corojo viso for the first time. I rolled one of each to smoke at work tonight. Both are wrapped and bound with the Dominican binder.

IMG_20171214_225625231~2.jpg
    Now all them things that seemed so important, well mister they vanished right into the air - The Boss

A test with only one kind of tobacco leaf in each cigar. (2 Semois, 1 Alida and 1 Rustica)
    All four have Virginia Brightleaf as a wrapper.
    Viklunds 52-200.jpg

1 members have Nominated this post.

tobacco, roll with it...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcL View Post
    47 RG X yada yada with HDRNCS , BrzlMF , Crio98V , PClgro , Crio98S , fillers. Dom2 and PABDR binders with, Crio98 / Corojowrppr wrappers

tobacco, roll with it...

WLT Criollo 98 Wrapper

I find the WLT Criollo 98 wrapper particularly interesting, since I have grown Criollo (Cuba) for the past two seasons.

My Criollo is unusually thin and stretchy, for sun-grown leaf. Its color is a soft, medium brown, and tends to have very little gloss, when wrapped onto a cigar. Its taste is mild, with a vague cocoa note, and has a slight peppery edge. My only complaint is that my Criollo leaves are smaller than my Corojo 99.

The WLT Criollo 98 (grown in Nicaragua) is also small leaf, by CT Shade standards, but as you can see in the photo, it easily wraps a 6" x 60 ring cigar, and is about 25% larger than my home grown leaf. It has the very same, excellent stretch, but is even thinner than my Criollo--nearly as thin as CT Shade, but stretchier and sturdier. The flavor characteristics are also similar to that of my Criollo. Being such thin leaf, the leaf count per pound is high, making the cost tempting.

You should note in the photo that I did not trim the exposed edge of the wrapper, yet it stretches to lay fairly flat. And the WLT Criollo 98 does have some gloss when stretched. This would have been even more apparent had I pressed the bound bunch in a mold prior to wrapping.

The binder for this fat cigar is doubled WLT Besuki wrapper. Filler consists of entire leaves of (1x) WLT Dominican binder, (2x) WLT Piloto Cubano viso, (2x) WLT Cibao Valley Corojo viso. Overall the strength is medium, the flavor and aroma are complex, and life is good.

CONCLUSIONS:
    1. WLT Criollo 98 wrapper is tasty and smooth.
    2. WLT Criollo 98 wrapper is mechanically easy to use (excellent stretch and durability).
    3. My own Criollo (Cuba) is on the right path.

Bob

The first ones with Criollo 98, one of my sons are with us under christmas and I teached him how to roll cigars. It went almost well (The stick with Santa have the wrapper inside out).

xJbRHZv.jpg
    6lItiFo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vanerpaddel View Post
    The first ones with Criollo 98, one of my sons are with us under christmas and I teached him how to roll cigars. It went almost well (The stick with Santa have the wrapper inside out).

xJbRHZv.jpg
    6lItiFo.jpg
    Very nice even with a reversed wrapper.

Fillers: Criollo / Piloto seco, Piloto / San Vicente viso. Binder: San Vicente. Wrappers: Criollo / Corojo / Habano
    tobacco, roll with it...

tobacco, roll with it...

tobacco, roll with it...

Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 LastLast