Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

That maduro looks great, is that the stuff from WLT? I just ordered some and the Coro Oscuro. Btw does anyone know why it’s called corojo Oscuro? I always thought Oscuro was darker than maduro, like jet black.
Pennsylvania oscuro binder was a medium brown too. I don't know why, but the fact that I can think of at least two separate examples makes me think it's either a regional or marketing thing.

That Ecuador Maduro is from WLT. I'm nearly out.

tullius

For me, the big ones are harder to do well compared to the little ones. Surprising, I thought it would be the opposite: you have more room to work on the larger rings, so it should be easier, right?

But in reality, my mistakes just show up larger and more obvious on the bigger diameters.

I'm still underfilling this 52 mold, and I think that carries a significant weight in finish quality. Still working on wrapping and triple cap techniques as well.

Plenty of room for improvement, I'll get it.

GreenDragon

Bonnie McMurry (Label coming soon)

CV Corojo Viso, T-13 Criollo 98 Viso, CVVA Habano Ligero, Piloto Cubano Ligero, Dominican Binder, Rosado Wrapper. Free rolledtoo big to fit in the mold.

The flavor for this one is a little hard to describe. Best I can get is Hersey’s milk chocolate with occasional hints of allspice.

1AE57D1E-CCA0-4663-887D-1E29447A368C.jpeg

Mathaious12

Was shooting for a Lancero plus or thinner Churchill. I presume the size has a name, I just don't know it. Maybe a Matteo?

Olor Ligero for a wrapper, corojo binder, and 2 olor seco with one olor ligero for the filler. Not the prettiest, but I focused on trying to get the filler consistent which I was mostly successful with. I didn't realize I had perfectionist tendencies.
20200310_175247.jpg

Ben Brand

Was shooting for a Lancero plus or thinner Churchill. I presume the size has a name, I just don't know it. Maybe a Matteo?

Olor Ligero for a wrapper, corojo binder, and 2 olor seco with one olor ligero for the filler. Not the prettiest, but I focused on trying to get the filler consistent which I was mostly successful with. I didn't realize I had perfectionist tendencies.
View attachment 29847
Looks fine to me!!!

PressuredLeaf

Well, an official cancelation of all work travel and customer visits means I’ll be working from home for a while. I decided to fly out to az to work around my family so I don’t get cabin fever. Of course I’ll need a cigar ration to enjoy the beautiful Arizona spring weather. So, I decided to roll 10 Coronas for the Coronavirus quarantine ( try saying that 10 times ). I used:

1 Nic Condega viso
1 Nic Condega ligero
1 Sumatra binder

4 got the corojo oscuro wrapper , and 6 got the Ecuador maduro. Man, that Ecuador maduro is a dream to work with in case, and it also has a very sweet honey smell. Can’t wait for them to dry.

CCF6F917-5C42-44B0-B9D6-4F4B836BE154.jpeg5A2D3DFF-803E-414A-834B-5560977FDD79.jpegF250947C-F424-47F7-9F0A-55F2E1421B04.jpeg

waikikigun

Same cigar (habano toro with 17 days on it), twenty minutes apart:

lG0ynvU.jpg

xGfKxgV.jpg

GreenDragon

I seem to remember a story about a famous trial lawyer who would put a tungsten wire inside his cigar so the ash wouldn’t fall as he stalked about the court room. The jurors would be paying more attention to the ash than the opposing lawyers argument, helping him win his cases.

waikikigun

I seem to remember a story about a famous trial lawyer who would put a tungsten wire inside his cigar so the ash wouldn’t fall as he stalked about the court room. The jurors would be paying more attention to the ash than the opposing lawyers argument, helping him win his cases.
Clarence Darrow, and it's thought to be apocryphal.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I have melted spots in two fleece vests, one fleece jacket, one nylon shell jacket, and tiny burned holes in several polo shirts, as well as in the cuff of a long-sleeve t-shirt. Now, these garments have been around a long, long time, but that's the accumulated carnage of overly long ashes. However...a cigar with a prodigiously long ash always looks impressive.

And that Clarence Darrow story (platinum wire, by the way) ought to be true, even if it's not.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.