Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikikigun

This thing was a knockout. Super strong but a great flavor that made me smoke it past nic saturation. Better than many strong commercial cigars, easily 14-dollar-cigar level. I can tell you that the filler included the new PA Viso and the Criollo98 Viso. I'd sub'd in the PA Viso for the Dominican (Olor?) Ligero that I'd usually use in this blend, and it was subtly different, sweeter, and maybe even stronger. Based on this stick I'd recommend the new PA Viso. The wrapper is the Ec Maduro, of which, lucky me, I'd stashed away a few pounds to age, and it really blossomed after 2 years sitting in unsealed bags. Rolled this about 16 hours ago.

rxHolyl.jpg
lMyT5Qp.jpg

GreenDragon

@waikikigun it must be a great day for rolling. Smoking the obscuro wrapper stick from earlier today now, and got to say it is also great. When I was sorting the leaf I noticed one Ligero leaf that was thick, oily, leathery and twice as dark as all the rest. I split it in half and put one half into each cigar. Man it is tasty. Wish I could get a whole pound like that. Rich caramel, floral notes, slightly sweet, with a touch of white pepper and black tea.

E7779D60-D8EE-4780-AD94-742C94A231CA.jpeg

waikikigun

@waikikigun it must be a great day for rolling. Smoking the obscuro wrapper stick from earlier today now, and got to say it is also great. When I was sorting the leaf I noticed one Ligero leaf that was thick, oily, leathery and twice as dark as all the rest. I split it in half and put one half into each cigar. Man it is tasty. Wish I could get a whole pound like that. Rich caramel, floral notes, slightly sweet, with a touch of white pepper and black tea.

View attachment 30973
Sounds insane.

Chacocii

20200610_175157.jpg
Ran out of the tobacco I've been using for my current blend so I got into the new tobaccos today. Test blend of CV black, pelo de oro ligero, habano viso, pelo de oro seco for a binder, and the Dominican olor wrapper. @MarcL wasn't kidding when he said the wrapper is huge! You could wrap a 12X80 and still have some of the leaf leftover haha.

Audette

I am pretty excited about these, I have a few Cuban H. Upmann petite coronas that are plugged. Yesterday I decided to unroll 2 of them, harvest the long leafs from them, add half a Criollo 98 Ligero to the bunch, using a Dominicano Olor binder and re-wrapping in the Cuban wrapper. With 24 hours on them they turned into a fantastic smoke. Maybe the non-plugged H. Upmann's will have the same fate. 20200609_192515.jpg20200610_214746.jpg

waikikigun

I am pretty excited about these, I have a few Cuban H. Upmann petite coronas that are plugged. Yesterday I decided to unroll 2 of them, harvest the long leafs from them, add half a Criollo 98 Ligero to the bunch, using a Dominicano Olor binder and re-wrapping in the Cuban wrapper. With 24 hours on them they turned into a fantastic smoke. Maybe the non-plugged H. Upmann's will have the same fate. View attachment 31023View attachment 31024
Rebuilt Cubans are the best.

waikikigun

I have some of the stuff. I just assumed he had rolled some of it in some sort of "hurricane-grown wrapper," and was curious to see what this hurricane grown wrapper was. Now I realize it's the first line of a poem or a song lyric, possibly an obscure Stones number.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Am I missing something?

"It was grown a second time in 2017 when Hurricane Irma hit the Island of Hispaniola. This tobacco was intended to be grown as a shade wrapper, but I suspect the hurricane altered the growing conditions. The resulting tobacco is a very dark, thick leaf with a nutty flavor. It’s highly unlikely to see this tobacco in this condition again once the available inventory is exhausted. "

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.