Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

Well... because it looked my best rolled cigar, I had also higher expectations.
I let it dry for 3 days at 45 RH and then 4 days at 67.
The taste was too flat, smooth, buttery... things I'm not looking for in a cigar. I prefer medium to full and full body cigars.
I didn't take notes from what it was made, lesson learned.
Also the draw was not good, too hard and it was not rolled to tight.
Inside it was burning quiet even, but my binder and filler were not following on one side.

Jan.

Try to keep track of the blend then you know where to go next. I had the opposite problem of too full bodied. Don't hesitate to remove the wrapper of cigars you're not satisfied with and re-roll them with needed changes. I've taken lots of unsmokeable cigars and turned them around instead of waste them.

Bruck

My first ever home rolled stick has seen the daylight
a litle knobbly , but for my first attempt i give myself rating "approved"
This was made possible for me by the honorable mr Knucklehead who had the upmost generosity to send some of his leafs .
It`s an Dunhhill size 4 to make a comparision , so maybe this became a bit on the big scale
And now it will rest in a humid controlled enviroment untill it gets up in smoke

Congratulations! You're official :)
Looks good. Way better than my first solo flight!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My first ever home rolled stick has seen the daylight
a litle knobbly , but for my first attempt i give myself rating "approved"
This was made possible for me by the honorable mr Knucklehead who had the upmost generosity to send some of his leafs .
It`s an Dunhhill size 4 to make a comparision , so maybe this became a bit on the big scale
And now it will rest in a humid controlled enviroment untill it gets up in smoke

Very nice first cigar. Congratulations. Time to smoke a cigar to celebrate. :eek: Are you hooked yet?

quo155

Yes, congrats...congrats...CONGRATS jojjas...on your first roll! It looks great to me, can't wait to hear how it smokes!

Indianamac

I haven't tried those yet. Kind of wish I had ordered that instead of the Corojo. It's good, but not quite my cup of tea. Rolled a few blending it with other fillers, I'll find out soon enough.

What's the Criollo Seco taste like?

Haven't done an all Criollo Seco but an all Criollo (seco,ligero,viso,Criollo wrapper) is a smooth medium smoke, when allowed to sit in the humidor for awhile. Criollo anything makes a good stick!!

SteveSatch

Yesterday was a fine day. It was the last day of school (I've been a second grade teacher for 16 years) and UPS dropped off my WLT order late in the evening. Time for my first attempt at rolling. It was harder than I hoped it would be, but maybe with time and practice I'll figure it out. Here's the pic. I didn't mean to roll the big one so large, but I did mean to roll the small one so little. I've been a fan of the cheroot look since seeing The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly decades ago.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations, SS. Rolling cigars is definitely easier than teaching 2nd graders.

Early on, in your rolling career, if you roll one--smoke one, you will learn faster from the experience. After every 10 or 20 cigars, go back and watch a few cigar rolling videos. You'll see things that you missed on the earlier viewings.

Bob

webmost

Yesterday was a fine day. It was the last day of school (I've been a second grade teacher for 16 years) and UPS dropped off my WLT order late in the evening. Time for my first attempt at rolling. It was harder than I hoped it would be, but maybe with time and practice I'll figure it out. Here's the pic. I didn't mean to roll the big one so large, but I did mean to roll the small one so little. I've been a fan of the cheroot look since seeing The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly decades ago.

Outstanding. Need something in the picture for scale. Tell us how they taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.