Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indianamac

My humidor. the left side are all FL Sumatra wrappers, the stick on the far right is a fire cured wrapper, thanks again Brown Thumb.

Nice collection Ben. I am hopeing to grow some FL Sumatra this year. Are these from your gows?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Brand

All my own tobaccos, I didn`t realy like Fl Sumatra, wrappers didn`t burn nicely, but thats all I had as wrappers. Now I will think twice before I decide not to plant them.

Indianamac

All my own tobaccos, I didn`t realy like Fl Sumatra, wrappers didn`t burn nicely, but thats all I had as wrappers. Now I will think twice before I decide not to plant them.

Good to know. I just received some Corojo wrapper from WLT(Don). I really like them for wrappers, but I'm experiencing some unraveling during burn. I normally glue the edge of the wrapper, but tried not to this time. I am going back to glueing the edge on the next batch. The Corojo makes a good looking & burning stick!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Good to know. I just received some Corojo wrapper from WLT(Don). I really like them for wrappers, but I'm experiencing some unraveling during burn. I normally glue the edge of the wrapper, but tried not to this time. I am going back to glueing the edge on the next batch. The Corojo makes a good looking & burning stick!

Start your wrap at the foot and end your wrap at the head (the end you put in your mouth). Holding that one end will keep it from unwrapping. I don't think Bob even uses glue if he is going to smoke it immediately. I don't glue the whole edge, I just put a dab on the head end to keep the wrap from coming loose at the end you finished wrapping last.

Indianamac

If your cigar is unraveling, you might be lighting it backwards.

You know what? When I was rolling them, the end I intended to be the foot, ended up being the smaller end. I flipped them around and capped the smaller end. Maybe that's why? Thanks Knuck & Don. I actually smoked another one today and it did not unravel. Still learning!!

webmost

Aw you guys are making me feel like a fumble fingers. What I need to do is, I'm gonna get hold of Don today and get some leaf, and roll some up to practice. This is ridic.

dubhelix

Here's my first two. They are mostly Small Stalk Black Mammoth, with a Yellow Twist Bud binder and wrapper.
photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

The one on the plate smoked ok, I guess, but the last boxes of "real cigars" I bought were Don Pepin Garcia Black and Nub Habano, so my home rolled ones seemed kinda weak.

DGBAMA

Give the WLT Cigar Sampler a try. Good stuff. I grew mostly mild varieties this year, but adding some of Don's Leaf with my own brings the flavor to a whole new level.

Your sticks look good.

Indianamac

Nice look'n sticks dubhelix!

Some of my sticks are smoother (weaker) than others and this is due to the blend. I have some all Seco filler sticks and some all Ligero sticks. The all Ligero filler sticks smoke stronger. I also use either a Maduro or Criollo 98 wrapper. I have smoked a Don Pepin Garcia and feel that my handrolls are similar in taste. I have never tried Small Stalk Black Mammoth or Yellow Twist Bud, but I'm assuming they are lighter leaves and may be the reason for the weaker taste. As DGBAMA states in his post, Don's leaf makes some good taste'n smokes. By adding his leaf with yours, should bring up the flavor.

Are these tobaccos that you have grown yourself? Keep in mind that they say the "real cigars" are rolled and aged before distribution. I know some of my handrolled that have been sitting in the humidor for a few months, are a little more flavorful than when smoked right after rolling.

Either way, congrats on your first two. If you are like me, there are many more to come. Keep blending, keep rolling and you'll find that you like yours better than those "real cigars". I know I do!!

El Gallo

Some of my hand rolled Maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan ligero, Dominican viso and seco. love all the different stogies on this ssite too cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.