Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
And how was the smoking experience of that creation

Whoooo ! It seems huge ! :rolleyes:
Was it good ?
Honduran Habano seed tobacco is the foundation of Hoyo de Monterrey, Punch, Flor de A. Allones, JR Ultimate, Belinda, El Rey del Mundo (non-Nicaraguan) and Sancho Panza cigars. The Honduran Habano leaf lacks the harshness of Nicaraguan-grown leaf.

A light wrapper on the outside adds a mellow character. Immediately after that cigar, I made one with Honduran Habano filler (likely viso), Besuki double binder, and a dark Honduran Habano wrapper. I loved them both. I am a big fan of Honduran tobaccos. They also blend well with Corojo 99 and Dominican fillers.

Currently, WLT offers a Honduras Gran Habano "blend kit" that includes the Honduran Habano, Corojo 99 and Dominican fillers, along with Honduran Habano maduro wrapper and double Sumatra binder. It looks like a winner. http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Honduras-Gran-Habano-CgrBlnd6.htm

Bob

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

This family-friendly looking cigar is entirely Honduras Habano (from WLT), politely wrapped in Ecuador Shade (also from WLT).

Garden20170207_2435_cigar_HondurasHabano_in_EcuShade_600.jpg

Garden20170207_2436_cigar_HondurasHabano_in_EcuShade_foot_300.jpg

Bob

Beautiful cigar Bob. Couldn't help but laugh. It well...just...anyways.......

Here's my latest stick. It ain't the prettiest but it tasted nice, smoked well and had a good ol' cherry on it.

I dubbed the blend the Orinico Blanco Brillante Hoja, I still can't remember what the % blend was (how unfortunate naturally) but I'll find it eventually. White Stem Orinico, with Virginia Bright Leaf.

Photo Feb 08, 4 17 02 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Leftynick

In order to motivate me because of my seedling dried out, I decided to roll one from my last grow baccy. This has been kilned in my car for 2 weeks.
P_20170211_154714.jpg
P_20170211_153937.jpg
P_20170211_152751.jpg

zimmer, little dutch and havana filler, zimmer binder and wrapper

The draw is ok, a bit tight. Taste, definitely need some more rest and maybe time in kiln. However it has smooth out, I can even inhale it, with load of woody taste. The little dutch smell before rolling is a little bit spicy so I thought I could get maybe some spice from it. Will add more little dutch after this.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A long, white ash always looks gorgeous on a cigar, even though they have led to innumerable ashcidents.

Nice looking cigar, and tasty sounding blend.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! And I thought that JComer was just a meticulous record keeper. I didn't recognize it as a WLT kit label.

At the moment, I'm smoking an ad hoc blend of Honduras Habano and Corojo 99 ligero filler, Besuki double wrapper, and a Honduras Habano wrapper. It's not as pretty as JComer's stick, and is way, way bigger--obese, in fact.

Bob

JComer

Ha! And I thought that JComer was just a meticulous record keeper. I didn't recognize it as a WLT kit label.

At the moment, I'm smoking an ad hoc blend of Honduras Habano and Corojo 99 ligero filler, Besuki double wrapper, and a Honduras Habano wrapper. It's not as pretty as JComer's stick, and is way, way bigger--obese, in fact.

Bob

Bob,
I hope to get where i can make some 50 ring ones had to start out slow

Leftynick

P_20170219_173055.jpg

out of kiln rolling.
Same tobacco as last time; little dutch, havana and zimmer. I used each type as wrapper for different stick. Darkest is zimmer, lightest is havana, the biggest is little dutch.

Smallest is the size of regular cigarette. I am rolling these according to leaf size. So the smallest might be the highest nicotine, as it is all ligero.

Status
Not open for further replies.