You have a nice selection there.

The last batch I made:
    13877804241691.jpg

Re: Pics of your sticks!!

Quote Originally Posted by DGBAMA View Post
    You have a nice selection there.

The last batch I made:
    13877804241691.jpg
    I see those scales there. That's something that I haven't done is weigh out my leaf. How much difference do they make?

What do you use the square for?

Nice looking sticks! Ain't this hobby/habit fun???

Chris, do I see cable ties at the back of your ccigars? Is that yo kep the wrapper tight at the back. I'm still struggling with the back of my cigars, making a pigs tail is the best way for me. Dgbama yous are looking good too. Cant wait for my new wrappers to grow big, zo I can dry them, at the moment iuse anything for wrappers, as long as I can smoke something. Flippen addicted to my cigars now.
    "Its a state of mind"

Scale for blending and consistency. Create a recipe card, so that good blends are repeatable. A uniform weight of filler made it easier for me to have consistent finished size.

The square is a ruler on one side. I used it as a guide to lay out the filler to the length i wanted.

Probably not necessary for you old pros, but it helped me a lot. This group was only my third time rolling, and first try at more than a couple at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by DGBAMA View Post
    Scale for blending and consistency. Create a recipe card, so that good blends are repeatable. A uniform weight of filler made it easier for me to have consistent finished size.

The square is a ruler on one side. I used it as a guide to lay out the filler to the length i wanted.

Probably not necessary for you old pros, but it helped me a lot. This group was only my third time rolling, and first try at more than a couple at one time.
    I see! I roll by leaf counts. I name my sticks & each one is a different blend. I'm up to 11. My method is hit or miss consistency, as you can tell, but hey-I'm not entering them in a beauty contest. I have given away alot of my sticks to family, friends & co-workers. They all say my sticks taste great and that's what's important.

Third time rolling & first try @ more than a couple-looks like a sucess to me! Your sticks look delicious!

Those are making me hungry. Looks great guys. Can't wait to role some of my own.
    I just finished reading your growing thread DGBAMA and now to see what comes out of it.

Yeah, I can't wait. I don't know how many times I've said that. But really, I can't.
    Those Cigars are the fishing hook for the grow.

So far, my only blending method is whatever I have on hand. Ought to do better, I know.

I have been attempting to master the small perfecto. So far, the small perfecto has been kicking my azz. Here is one of my better looking ones:

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Quote Originally Posted by webmost View Post
    So far, my only blending method is whatever I have on hand. Ought to do better, I know.

I have been attempting to master the small perfecto. So far, the small perfecto has been kicking my azz. Here is one of my better looking ones:
    I hear ya'on those perfectos. You have a good look'n one right there!!
    Last edited by deluxestogie; 01-22-2014 at 09:36 PM.

What leaves did you use? Very nice!

Page 1 of 203 1231151101 ... LastLast