Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

fert'(N-P-K) Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarantulaDan

What would be the best fertilizer ratio for the occasional feeding of tobacco plants would a 5-10-10 be good or a 10-10-10 .I dont plan on giving my plant a full dose ,maybe a 1/2 dose of it on occasion ,maybe once a week . just to improve general condition ,ect,mostly since I'm unsure of the quality of the soil I'm using-a mix of local garden soil(its very dry amd some potting soil )

Knucklehead

Founding Member
20-10-20 is a good ratio. Or 15-5-15. They like plenty of nitrogen and potassium. You'll want to cut the fertilizer before they begin budding. Watch out for urea in your fertilizer, they are susceptible to urea poisoning.

EDIT: removed the incorrect info. potassium not phosphorus. DOH! thanks JBD

Last edited:

DGBAMA

As Knucks said.

I used 13_13_13 last year. The cheaper 10_10_10 had a high urea content.

Read the analysis labels. Also stay away from ferts with high chloride/chlorine content, too muchchlorine can negatively affect the burn qualities of the cured leaf.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive been to a RAINBOW FERTILIZER plant for a pick-up before, and looked at some of thier brochures, and in there, it stated that tobaccoo, was a 4-8-12- mix,

indianjoe

Founding Member
Some of the farmers cooperatives around here have a "tobacco" fertilizer which is non-urea based.

Ben Brand

When I was farming tobacco I used to put down a lot of fertilizer, because of the sandy soil we had, as much as 180N. I always use half the P and double the K = 180N-90P-360K, best is to send away a soil sample to check what you need. I used organic veg fertilizer last season with planting, and my tobacco was from the start to topping nice and green. This season with no organic fert I had to top up the fert twice before I was happy.
Good luck

Ben Brand

Just see that the fert dont leach, if it get to much water, maybe a little sooner before you plant. I give my fert the day or two before I plant, make a ditch where my plant are going to be planted, rake soil over it and plant. Make sure your roots are not in contact with the fert. Also a good call is Phophate or boanmeal before planting, helps to give a strong root system.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive delivered 2 different types of fert's to bacca farms so far this year...and both mixes. were 6-6-18

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive delivered 2 different types of fert's to bacca farms so far this year...and both mixes. were 6-6-18

figured id revisit this thread....

by saying '' 2 '' different types. i meant that i delivered some called '' super rainbow'' which i get in georgia... and it was 6-6-18.

and i delivered fertilizer made at the plant that i work at.. and it also was 6-6-18...

my dispatcher knows i grow bacca. and like visiting these farms. so i got all the bacca loads this year.. i delivered to maybe 12 different farms... and all had the same blend....

DID I KEEP SOME OF IT FOR MYSELF????? what you think..of course i did... i got about 8... 5 gallon nylon bags full of the stuff.

i have the product sheets that shows the farmer what is in the blend.... including all trace elements .. ill have to take a picture of them and put them here. in this thread.

im sure thiers a way i could scan them with my printer? but i havent attended a class on computers. i know nothing of how to do that.?????

so ill take a pic.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.