Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi From sunny South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog

Hello all
I am a longdistance truckdriver in S.A. Living in Gauteng, I smoke home rolled cigarettes and recently started making my own cheroots. I am also interrested in snuf and cigars. I planted a few virginia a while back, but it was a flop because of inatention and a lack of knowledge, I aim to correct that. :)

indianjoe

Founding Member
Welcome Bigdog, the FAQ's above is a great place to start, any questions ask and someone is sure to have an answer.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome BigDog. We've cracked the secret to growing with inattention and a lack of knowledge. Just stick around....

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yes, that's doable. Tobacco doesn't like to be over watered or petted too often. What type of pests will you be contending with? Hornworms, aphids? For me, last year, the critter patrol took the most amount of time.

Bigdog

I don't know the names of all my problem Knuck, but I saw cutworm and aphids last time round. There is a amazing number of tobacco eating buggers in a place where no tobacco is comercialy produced.

DGBAMA

Welcome, BigDog.

BenBrand, another member here is from your part of the world; actually just a few hours north of you. He has a good grow going and may be able to offer advise on your local "tobacco pests".

Ben Brand

Hi Bigdog
Wellcome. The Saffas are taking over the ftt site ;) total of 3 now. Please let me know if you need anything. I am in limpopo prov, but can send you some seed i9f you need, only plant cigar varieties. Shout if you need some.
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.