Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How to post pictures from your computer to FTT

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I noticed a member having problems posting pictures and made up a little tutorial. Thanks to all the guys that showed me how to capture a screen shot.

Step one, click on the icon shown.

FireShot Screen Capture #005 - 'The Knucklehead way to Grow a Blog - Page 29' - fairtradetobacco.jpg

Step two, make sure the header shows "From Computer". Then hit the "Select File" button.

FireShot Screen Capture #006 - 'The Knucklehead way to Grow a Blog - Page 29' - fairtradetobacco.jpg

Screen capture wouldn't allow a screen shot with the file open, but after using the "Select File" button, a window opens that allows you to look through the files stored on your computer. My tobacco pictures are in a folder on my Desktop. On the left side of the screen, I selected Desktop, selected the folder containing my picture, then clicked on the picture. Then I hit "Open" or you can just double click the picture. This picture shows the file ready to be uploaded to FTT. Select "Upload File".

FireShot Screen Capture #007 - 'The Knucklehead way to Grow a Blog - Page 29' - fairtradetobacco.jpg

This is the view after upload but before posting. You then select the "Post Quick Reply" button.

FireShot Screen Capture #008 - 'The Knucklehead way to Grow a Blog - Page 29' - fairtradetobacco.jpg

Photo after posting.

FireShot Screen Capture #009 - 'The Knucklehead way to Grow a Blog - Page 29' - fairtradetobacco.jpg

Problem with Internet Explorer (IE)

We recently verified that IE is too outdated to work properly with the edit box. Try Google Chrome.

Then you need to go into your Settings | General Settings | Miscellaneous Options (at the bottom) | Message Editor Interface -- and select Standard Editor.

In switching from IE to Chrome, you can export your Favorites from IE, then import them as Bookmarks into Chrome.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Its the resizein that throws a wreanch in my plans.

Right click the photo. Click on "edit". A window will pull up. Look for and click on "resize". There will be two choices, percentage or pixels. Check the box beside "pixels". Then make the biggest of the two numbers 750, it will automatically change the other number. Click "OK". Then close the picture. You will be asked if you want to save the changes- Click "Save". The picture is now resized and can be uploaded to FTT.

Boboro

Well it sounds so easy. Not as easy as gettin the ol'lady to do it tho. But I need to learn things.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Copy down the instructions and try it on a picture. It won't take but a couple of minutes. Then you're right back to posting.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
He's cheating! I could have sworn he said his "early start" was going to be mid February.

It's the Mississippi Bait and Switch ploy!!! Mid March we were all going to say "Geeez those plants are huge! Only one month old?"

Knucklehead

Founding Member
He's gonna start "growing" them in mid February...he's just "starting" them now ;)

Oops...is this off topic? ;)

That would explain why his "late" starts blew away my early starts last year. His first pictures showed three ft. tall plants.

POGreen

If I want to post a pic taken with my cell it is always too ''big'' in size at 2.5 MB and it ends up with me not being able to upload the picture to FTT from my computer.
Instead I go to an external site and upload it there and copy the link and paste it to the window where I want to have it.
No worries.

webmost

If I want to post a pic taken with my cell it is always too ''big'' in size at 2.5 MB and it ends up with me not being able to upload the picture to FTT from my computer.
Instead I go to an external site and upload it there and copy the link and paste it to the window where I want to have it.
No worries.
Do you have an Android phone? If so, download the free "Photo Editor" app. It will resize, crop, and a million other things.

webmost

I have an iPhone 4 and no apps on it and I don't what to have them to if I had them.
Thanks the tip webmost.
Seriously, you ought to dive into apps. Without apps, you are missing 3/4 of the fun. Some are simple, like Cigar Gauge that measures the ring gauge of a cigar. Some are complicated, like Quick Office that pretty much puts M$ Office on your phone. Some are for geeks, like JuiceSSH that lets me log into a remote Linux shell on a server. Some are for everyone, like Weather Underground that gives me weather.

Get into apps. They are easy. I have long believed the best way to get tutored is to get your grandchild to show you how.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im having trouble. getting the pics from my phone to the comp.

and the guy who showed me how to do it,, has no time on his phone..so i cant call and ask him what to do,??????

heres a taste of the type pic's i have so far..

..IMG_20140710_135036713.jpgIMG_20140710_135051940.jpgIMG_20140710_135104303.jpgIMG_20140710_135112629.jpgIMG_20140710_135127366.jpg