Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Members baccy swap....''not sell'' swap a sample for a sample, here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ALLTHOUGH I HAVE MANY SEEDS OF DIFFERENT STRAINS FOR NEXT YEAR,,,,

it would be nice to be able to trade a sample {quart size freezer bag full} of my '' big-gem/shariza mix,,,,,

for a sample of your baccy,,,, preferablly a variety that i plan on growing next year,,,,

this way i can tell if it's outstanding and i may want to grow more of a certain variety,,,,,

so who wants to do a swap...??????:confused:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
heres some pics of what i got to trade,

sam0162ur.jpg

By chickenhawk435 at 2011-10-08

sam0304y.jpg

By chickenhawk435 at 2011-11-05

sam0090s.jpg

By chickenhawk435 at 2011-09-25

091411155727.jpg

By chickenhawk435 at 2011-09-14

all my r.t.r. stuff has been kilned, and is ready to roll...

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This site was started for the exact reasoning. There isn't any reason somebody shouldn't be able to try the tobacco they are thinking about planting BEFORE they grow it.

For whatever reason, this option was viewed as illegal on HTGT...ridiculous.

A quart bag might be a little large for a "sample", but F' it, do whatever you guys want to do.

This site is like life, it's nothing more or nothing less than what you make it. You are free to do what you like.

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I would be just a tad bit careful for 2 reasons. One, the gov't now a days has nothing better to do but go after honest ( or at least fairly honest) people. Instead of looking for real hardcore criminals they probably have someone surfing the net looking for illegal tobacco sellers! Secondly, just becasue you are trading instead of selling does not make it any less legal/illegal. You can give a prostitute money or you can trade her for services, fix her leaky sink for example. In the end, the law still considers it illegal. I don't mean to sound paranoid (aka Roy-ish) but I think if you want to start trading samples, it should be done by sressing that the tobacco you are giving is unprocessed.

With that in mind, I have sent seeds to people and sometimes included a small sample of leaf. I know I've been dissapointed in the past when I grew a large batch of a new strain of tobacco only to be dissapointed with the results.

By the way, I have a list I will post soon of tobacco I'm willing to give or trade!

And "chicken".. what's up with that picture of you? Are you actually tied to that rope in some kind of sadistic tobacco ritual? :confused:

edit: by the way, this setting clocks backwards in the fall and forward in the spring just SUCKS!

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I personally don't care, but Jitterbugdude is right...it is illegal to send processed tobacco in the mail except for a very few exceptions (of which nobody here qualifies).

So to be on the safe side, send whole leaf when doing your horse trading and save yourself a huge headache and don't tell anyone at the post office what your sending.

Whalen

Just a little confused about the processed tobacco status. I could see that processing and sending any of my whole leaf tobacco would be illegal due to Licensing and Tax restrictions due to tobacco regulations. So the only thing we produced that would be legal would be whole leaf. But I trade commercially obtained snus and snuff all the time through the USPS and up to ten mailings a month are allowed. So it is only illegal to process our own tobacco and send it.

So my read on this is that private sales or trades of seeds and whole leaf is fine, right?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i can do whole leaf,,, it that makes one feel secure,,,

or. send me a p.m.

no-one needs to know whats in the envelope,,,

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Whalen,

I personally don't care if you guys trade processed or unprocessed tobacco. I have no say in what you do....nor should I. There are allowances for sending cigars in the mail, so if there are exceptions for snuff, if wouldn't surprise me.

Tobacco seeds and whole leaf tobacco are perfectly legal to sell and send in the mail.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
A trade should be totally legal. Going back to the prostitution analogy, if both hoes trade sexual favors that would just be a good time and perfectly legal too. Hell if both women decided they liked each others goods that much it would even be legal for them to marry here:)

Whalen

Well a little paranoia is a good thing nowadays, but understanding the existing governing laws is the best approach. I have learned more about the legal aspects of Whole leaf tobacco here as well as anywhere else. As far as processed, well that gets way complicated fast!

The Pact act was very restrictive as far as processed tobacco is concerned, and Maryland trumped that with outright internet and phone bans on acquiring processed tobacco. It is a crime in Maryland to acquire processed tobacco from anyone other than a Licensed Maryland tobacconist, and you have to physically drive there to pick it up, no exceptions. So I am trying to keep abreast of what is legal and what is not since the tobacco Nazis seem to think they have every right to tell me what to do, or not, in this case. Common sense has nothing at all to do with any of it, or logic.

Hence my desire to grow my own since it is still one of the last avenues available.

Informed discussions are of great interest to me, and to us all. There will always be some speculation as to what is permitted, other than whole Leaf and seeds, and a great deal is at stake. My sudden loss of basic rights as far as being able to order snuff for example, has heightened my sensitivities as far as the law is concerned. I am just trying to pursue my happiness while being concerned about losing my remaining freedoms! I no longer have the rights that almost all of you enjoy.

buckeyebob

Organic tobacco Guru
I have a bunch of Virginia Bright Leaf. I would like to trade some for some kind of oriental or other spicy tobacco to mix with it. I have grown it organically in heavily composted soil and it is incredibly sweet and mild. I have a little that I sun cured in our greenhouse and the rest has been aged in our root cellar at 50 degrees and 80% humidity . I think that is what accounts for the mildness too as the sun-cured is pretty stout. Interested in any stout or heavy cigarette types. I need some good oriental or semi-oriental seeds if anyone has any . Shalom

Status
Not open for further replies.