Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Suckering ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladaok

I have a variety of tab types growing, I have some SHIRAZI that is about 900 mm high it has developed what looks like multi leaf growths emanating from the base of the main plant stem ..... do I leave them or remove ? I have this feeling they should be removed !

Ta ..... robbie

Aaron

Sounds like a ground sucker. Any chance for a picture? If it is a sucker it should be removed.

ladaok

hi Aaron, ta for the reply, ... no I can't provide a photo as I wouldn't be able to load a picture 'I have no idea how these electronic gizmos work ! ' the sucker looks like a miniature plant & is growiing out at an angle from the main stem, about 30 mm above ground level ..... Ta

Aaron

Yup, snap that sucker off. If you leave it there it will take energy from the plant that would otherwise go to making bigger leaves. If you don't care about leaf size and are only growing for seed production it probably wouldn't make much difference.

ladaok

Ta Aaron ..... and thanks Todd will check it out ...... right i've gotta bugger off and carry on building me house ...... ' pumicecrete ' if any ones interested

leverhead

What is pumicecrete?

It's probably foamed concrete. They mix aluminum powder into the concrete, it liberates hydrogen gas that makes small bubbles in it. It's lighter (less dense) and has better heat insulating properties than regular concrete.

ladaok

your correct KNUCKLHEAD ..... you win a half eaten ham sandwich or a $ 50 cigar that was dropped mistakenly into a cow patte but cleaned off with an old handky ..... check out goggle ' pumicecrete ' I think I'm probably the first " crazy " person to build a large house using this material in NZ but this type of build has been used around the N Mex AZ region for quite sometime , as there are large pumice deposites in this area .... robbie

Knucklehead

Founding Member
your correct KNUCKLHEAD ..... you win a half eaten ham sandwich or a $ 50 cigar that was dropped mistakenly into a cow patte but cleaned off with an old handky ..... check out goggle ' pumicecrete ' I think I'm probably the first " crazy " person to build a large house using this material in NZ but this type of build has been used around the N Mex AZ region for quite sometime , as there are large pumice deposites in this area .... robbie

I grew up on a farm--- Don't throw away that cigar! I'll take it! (There was many a day I didn't have a hanky) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.