Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dark Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I was sent some Dark Air. It came from WLT. I want seed but don't know what the plant is. Any help?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
i just know what wlt sen't me for dark air cured.

The last time I ordered Dark Air, they sent me Burley, too. It was labeled Burley. I just figured they had a new guy in the back. The Burley they sent me is clearly Burley.

When I got Dark Air that was labeled Dark Air, the leaves were extremely thick and much larger than the Burley. Different color also. Very dark color. I think Don's Burley is usually TN90, but I'm not positive. I don't know the Dark Air variety he sells.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I know I'm in for an ass chewing from Don for not letting him know, but I didn't say anything because:

*I use more Burley than Dark Air and will use the Burley which I got at the cheaper Dark Air price. I figure that made us even.
*Don's such a stickler on customer service I knew he would do something crazy out of his own pocket to make it right. I'm buying tobacco to put back and age so I'm not in a hurry for the Dark Air and will just add it to my next order. It was no big deal.
*Now that I know it wasn't a one time deal, I regret not saying anything. Maybe bonehead would have gotten his Dark Air. I just didn't want to seem like a disgruntled customer, when it fact, the mistake had absolutely no adverse affect on me or my satisfaction as a customer. I see now the absence of a response may have affected another customer. Sorry guys.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Some Dark air tobacco is similar looking to Burley .
Most dark air varieties are both cured either fire cured with smoke or plain air cured with out the smoke .

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Some Dark air tobacco is similar looking to Burley .
Most dark air varieties are both cured either fire cured with smoke or plain air cured with out the smoke .

What variety of Dark Air do you grow Larry. What I sent boboro could have been some of yours, I just can't remember. My basement is starting to look like your barn. :)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I sure as hell can't fix something if I don't know it's broke. I've sent out samples of different Dark Air that I've had. I used to have an aged Dark Air (still have a little). This year I'm stocking Green River One Sucker.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Knucks
I grew PD 7309LC and Va309

I also grew some one sucker I believe it was OS 400. It has been a couple of years but I still have it aging .

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Larry. I have some VA 309 seed I'll send to boboro along with some Bolivian Criollo Black. The VA 309 is a Dark Fire/Air so it can be air cured or fire cured. That will give him some good options.

DonH

One Sucker's a real nice plant and smokes well, too. This past year I also grew one Shirey plant. It was a runt, some insect or something ate the nine I started, but I did get one late germinating seed to grow. Got it into the ground too late to get seed and it was shaded by other plants but I just got the small hand I had of it out of the kiln and it as a good, unique flavor. It's definitely a Dark Air variety.

bonehead

i was sen't some dark air cured a week or so ago. it makes a good addition to my cigarette blends. it adds a unique flavor to a blend but you don't need to much. it has a good amount of nicotine to give a low nic blend a little help in the flavor department also. i will use this in some of my blends.

leverhead

i was sen't some dark air cured a week or so ago. it makes a good addition to my cigarette blends. it adds a unique flavor to a blend but you don't need to much. it has a good amount of nicotine to give a low nic blend a little help in the flavor department also. i will use this in some of my blends.

Try 1 part of Dark air-cured with 2 parts Maryland, if you have it. I use it instead of a Burley in my blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.