Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Full Turkish blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
How many years will Emre need to grow out all our Orientals before he can return them to the states, ready for another round?

Jpcouling

That would be the best way to assure you're growing as true to form plants as possible. Refreshing seeds every year accelerates the transitioning process.

Perhaps if one allowed the tobacco to develop, it would gain its own interesting qualities the likes of which the world has never seen or tasted! The Holy Grail of tobacco!

Jpcouling

Any more suggestions of where I can find some very aromatic homegrown tobacco? I'd like to support the members here especially.

leverhead

Any more suggestions of where I can find some very aromatic homegrown tobacco? I'd like to support the members here especially.

Even if the weather doesn't get you, growing Turkish is allot of work. Growing enough for blending with more productive tobaccos isn't too bad, but growing enough for a pack a day habit would leave you without a social life.

Jpcouling

Even if the weather doesn't get you, growing Turkish is allot of work. Growing enough for blending with more productive tobaccos isn't too bad, but growing enough for a pack a day habit would leave you without a social life.

Yeah from what I understand they are quite low yielders. I have many different varieties that I will be growing this year, so I will have a lot of productive plants! I am looking for Oriental tobacco in a post in the Buy Tobacco section. I am tempted to buy the WLT Izmir, but if anyone has any other offers, please contact me. Back to the topic, has anyone a clue why Turkish has such a different scent and flavor? Aromatic esters? Phenolic compounds?

Knucklehead

Founding Member

If you mean the aromatics as is found in some pipe tobacco, that comes from casings and flavorings added to the tobacco.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Have you read all the Turkish or Oriental threads? There's a ton of information in this forum.

leverhead

Yeah from what I understand they are quite low yielders......

If planted densely, yield per square foot of garden space is only 20% of the bigger bigger producers. From the other side, leaf count is many times that of the bigger producers, so even if growing space isn't an issue, the labor is a big issue. I enjoy the Turkish varieties and I don't mind growing the quantities required for blending, but I think an all Turkish cigarette would only be for special occasions.

This paper about some of the flavors in Turkish varieties might give you something to chew on for a while. It's way above me, but you might find it interesting.

Jpcouling

If planted densely, yield per square foot of garden space is only 20% of the bigger bigger producers. From the other side, leaf count is many times that of the bigger producers, so even if growing space isn't an issue, the labor is a big issue. I enjoy the Turkish varieties and I don't mind growing the quantities required for blending, but I think an all Turkish cigarette would only be for special occasions.

This paper about some of the flavors in Turkish varieties might give you something to chew on for a while. It's way above me, but you might find it interesting.

God bless you Leverhead! That article is exactly what I wanted to see! Thanks so much

leverhead

...That article is exactly what I wanted to see!....

If you get back to the home page, it's great site for raw, arcane information. It's a little hard search through though. I don't think the people that maintain it realize the value of the resource from our point of view, strange bed fellows....

Status
Not open for further replies.