Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Poll Question......Do we need a Tobacco Library?

Is an FTT library of tobacco literature a good idea ?

• Excellent, I would use it a lot

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes, I would use it occasionally

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, it is not needed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • of no interest to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

A place where all the great off site Links, literature, ebooks, etc that are shared here can be easily found. We can search the forum content, but links to external material are often buried and hard to find currently.

Before a lot of effort is put into organizing this resource, I would like to know how many of you would actually utilize it.

The idea is for each link to usefull material to be given its own descriptive title and description, then organized alphabetically. One could scroll through the link topics to a desired subject and also they would show up with the search function based on the title.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Of course, I would use it, the only question is how much. I google a lot of varieties I want to know more or something of. I love to sit here and read others views on things and their thoughts on various things.

jekylnz

I think it's a great idea...like everyone else has said though. .it will be hard to decipher the content that is useful from threads that dont nessasarily relate to it...and sorting out all the titles to describe the useful content. .but if someone is willing to troll through and sort it all out..it would be really helpful and useful new members (and old) to find what they're looking for. .if anyone needs help to go through the threads..im willing to help out where ever I can..I think a lot of the other senior members would help to.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think it's a great idea...like everyone else has said though. .it will be hard to decipher the content that is useful from threads that dont nessasarily relate to it...and sorting out all the titles to describe the useful content. .but if someone is willing to troll through and sort it all out..it would be really helpful and useful new members (and old) to find what they're looking for. .if anyone needs help to go through the threads..im willing to help out where ever I can..I think a lot of the other senior members would help to.

I've started a Word file and saving all the new links to it with a short description, or a copy and paste of the title and author if it is descriptive enough. As I read through old threads and run across a link to a book or document, it won't take but a second or two to copy the link to the Word document already started. It may take awhile this way, but if several of us save info it will quickly add up. The links stay hot in the Word file so later they will just have to be copied over into the Library.

The Library Bama is talking about is for links to books and documents so the thread it was taken from will have no effect at all on the usefulness of the data in the library. A book about Turkish tobacco will be just as useful from the Library as it will be taken from a Turkish tobacco thread. The same is true with the documents on pest control or pest identification. It's the Nominated Posts that may be confusing if taken out of context, but the Nominated Posts will make Searches for old posts easier. We're working on two different problems, organizing the books and documents, and making Searches for old threads and posts easier. This thread is addressing the Library.

DGBAMA

Todd, with enough interest to get this kicked off we will get a "nominate for library" button which shows on each post, like "special consideration" is now. If you (any member) are browsing the forum and come across a post containing a helpful link to off-site material, you will just click the nominate button. Myself and possibly a couple others will periodically review the nominations and create the library entries. This will grow the library over time, including retroactively to older posts, just by virtue of members reviewing old threads but not require anyone to spend days/weeks browsing old posts for usefull links.

Of course if you would just enjoy browsing every post in the history of the forum for usefull off site links, feel free to do so and jot them down for me......:cool:

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Unfortunately my extremely smart phone copies that it wants to, can look good but then it jumps over a number, a letter or pick up something else in the middle of a paragraph, so that although it would be a great pastime now between chick vomit so I must abstain.(think I wrote right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.