Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

janetta007 Grow Blog 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetta007

These ones are wanting to be in the ground. I may wait another week to put them in the ground. We are expecting some more storms here.....again.

DSCF1063.jpgDSCF1064.jpgDSCF1065.jpgDSCF1066.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I got something chewing on them so I mixed some Dawn and water for bug spray.

It's probably snails. Dawn and water only works with aphids, it won't kill hornworms, budworms, snails, grasshoppers, etc. You'll need a snail killer for snails, BT for the worms, and something like garden safe Ortho Bug B Gone if you start seeing a lot of grasshoppers or crickets.

You have some really nice looking seedlings there. Good luck with the weather and your season.

DGBAMA

They are doing well. Does appear they are ready for a little extra nourishment; I like 1/2tsp miracle grow and 1tsp epsom salt per gallon of water for my seedlings.

BarG

Founding Member
Your about 80 miles from Normangee. We had hail the other eve. good size marbles. I'm about 4 weeks away still from setting out my plants. I have had maybe a half dozen sunny days in the last month. I am glad I started in mid march.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
they are looking real good,,,, you did a real good job getting them going,

im just now getting ready to drop my seeds, my first start ended up in disaster, so i gotta start them all over,

janetta007

I have been slowing getting them in the ground. I have the room but the pool is in need of repair so I am limited on where I put them so they don't get trampled on. Only 12 left to put in the ground then I can watch them grow.
DSCF1069.jpgDSCF1074.jpgDSCF1070.jpgDSCF1071.jpgDSCF1072.jpgDSCF1073.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You're doing a good job of working with the hand you're dealt. Unless you want to put topsoil in the pool and expand your grow area? lol

janetta007

UPDATE: DSCF1083.jpgDSCF1084.jpgDSCF1087.jpg
The first pick I have 6 plants like that one, untouched. But all the rest have had brownish catepillers eating them.(cutworms) I went out last night and found some so I squished them. Of course I forgot the camera.
I am going to WallyWorld to get some Bayer Bug Spray.

janetta007

I also have those white grubs eating the roots of my corn. Does anyone prep their soil before they plant and with what do you use. Thanks

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Lord yes- Get them under control or there will be none to work with. Take a bug with You so You get the correct stuff.
I think You may have a june bug larva problem as well. Hum?

DGBAMA

nasty little guys. hope they get under control.

Don't give up on the eaten ones. baby them a bit and they can recover. As long as there is green showing they will keep starting new leaves; tough plants to kill once they get that size.

Brown Thumb

That really is a bummer, Get some BT for them it will kill the critters. They should survive tough little buggers.
BT

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
nasty little guys. hope they get under control.

Don't give up on the eaten ones. baby them a bit and they can recover. As long as there is green showing they will keep starting new leaves; tough plants to kill once they get that size.
After you water and spray, act as You clipped them- Actualy clip some. They will come around.(not the center pictured one)

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
On the larger leaf 1/4 of one, The smaller ones clip just a tip or so. NEVER the whole leaf. It has to have green to grow. When they come under attack or clipping. They put out nicotin to protect them selfs. However You have to help with a controle of some type due to cats. and horned worms can survive the nicotin as well as other insects that survive on tobacco and other nightshade plants. If the leaf has no damage just the tip- If alot none. Ask Pogreen or knucklehead as to what . I do not clip due to where I am. It looks like to Me You got it in tme. Think about how to clip a tomato plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.