Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Corporate responsibility or just another over-reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I got an order today, but the credit card was declined. The amount of the transaction was just under $150. This was the message from the customer...

"Customer notes:

"Please deliver me the delivery time window. I want to pick it up in person, but no big deal."

Shortly thereafter, I received a notice of a completed order. This order was for just over $100. This is the note the customer left...

"Special Instructions:
Please deliver me the delivery time window. I want to ciollect it in person,
from the delivery person. This entity must be female because I am a six-foot
tall, white woman. I am unable to interact with the ooposing gender because of
my medical qualification. You had a nuclear war on the planet and somekne won
all of the wars in The Universe. The legal structure is designed for this. We
never need another war outside of a courtroom or a police action."

Five minutes later, I get this email from the customer...

"Please correct my name in the shipping address of the order I just made by
replacing the, "i", with an,"o". Also, remove the, "i", from the word collect
in the shipping instructions."

Two minutes later, the customer received this message from paypal.

"We are very sorry, but due to recent suspicious activity on your
credit card, we are unable to process your order at this time.

Thank you,
Whole Leaf Tobacco LLC"

Corporate responsibility or an over-reaction?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeow!
The repeated changes suggest ambivalence. The repeated communication suggests difficulty in appropriate social interactions--autism. The neologisms of the conspiracy and nuclear war suggest loose thought associations. While you did not see the client face to face (in order to judge her affect), I would be inclined to make a diagnosis of psychosis. The classic criteria of psychosis are known as "Bleuler's Four A's":
  • inappropriate Affect
  • Ambivalence
  • Autism
  • loose Associations
Bob

Jpcouling

"You had a nuclear war on the planet and someone won all of the wars in The Universe" What a great lyric! I am going to use that!

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Yeow!
The repeated changes suggest ambivalence. The repeated communication suggests difficulty in appropriate social interactions--autism. The neologisms of the conspiracy and nuclear war suggest loose thought associations. While you did not see the client face to face (in order to judge her affect), I would be inclined to make a diagnosis of psychosis. The classic criteria of psychosis are known as "Bleuler's Four A's":
  • inappropriate Affect
  • Ambivalence
  • Autism
  • loose Associations
Bob

Bob, Remote reference to Sherlock Holmes?

Don, I think corporate responsibility...She/he/it/they/them sound a bit...how to put it....weird

Dean

I actually take offense that autism is brought into a post like this, as a father of 2 autistic children I can tell you that this is not something they would do. For a start they would not see the spelling errors or not make them in the first place if that is their thing. Nor would they be able to express the need for a certain sex deliver person. Proper autism is autism and then work down the spectrum to someone like this...

They have a limited or no understanding of personal preference or desire, no expression or empathy most of the time a limited vocabulary and or none at all and call it as they see it. If either of my or other autistic children and adults I deal with on a daily basis were to send you this it would read 'send baccy, need a smoke'

aspergers maybe as they can actually talk and write...

obviously a develop mental disorder or kids maybe with someone's credit card.

you can't just lump diagnoses and treat a minority badly because it reads well on a forum wether you are joking or not. This one touched a little close to home...

Rickey60

My late daughter had a development disorder, she would never have expressed anything in that manner. These are living people and their minds are sharp they just cannot express themselves like us. Psychosis would be a better explanation, or kids acting a fool.

Dean

Psychosis or similar was what I meant I didn't mean to bring similar feeling up in someone else I am sorry. I should have said nothing as I just lumped as well. I was pretty angry when I wrote that and am still a bit. I have said my part and I don't think I will comment again. Sorry for the inappropriate comment Ricky.

Dean

I'm not even going to comment on a 100 year old philosophy of mental diagnosis...schizophrenia... It's not autism...

i think we are a bit more advanced now, for instance we are a genetic case and are being studied by Australia and the UK and have supplied DNA samples to scientists in several other countries that are trying to stop this type of issue in our kids. They have gone as far as isolating the gene that makes autism and all it's small variations. If I wanted to have GM kids then I could have as many as I wanted without this bastardly disorder.

i have said my piece and do not want to continue this, I understand you were quoting a known doctor and his work but it is still not an apropriate assumption.

Rickey60

Psychosis or similar was what I meant I dIdn't mean to bring similar feeling up in someone else I am sorry. I should have said nothing as I just lumped as well. I was pretty angry when I wrote that and am still a bit. I have said my part and I don't think I will comment again. Sorry for the inappropriate comment Ricky.
Dean,
I was not upset with your comments. I know what you meant. I was siding with your defence of our children that cannot defend them self. Don't be sorry, we are good.
Rick

BigBonner

Founding Member
No, I have a hard enough time typing with three fingers.

I have been punching keys for years and I have never had to use more than one finger on each hand .

My guess would be the person may have had a lot of crack or Budweiser .

Status
Not open for further replies.