Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Toasted or cavendish ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Banned
I have been busy since christmas with experimentation with my tobacco leafs , different methods have been used in different ways , this is some of what i have been doing ,i was thinking of an alternative method to make cavendish , a method who does not need for so much surveillance ,as in this thread by deluxestogie (http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads...ndish-Pipe-Tobacco?highlight=making+cavendish ) should it be called stoved or cavendish or stovendish:D:confused:

Any way i just soaked the leafs (soggy) and put them in an ovenproof lunch box with an air thight lid ( moist must stay inside the box), and let them stay in for 24 hours in 90°C (194 F)

The first picture , lemon virginia (from Don) soaked with water, right after i take it out of the oven after 24 hours (what aroma , i wish it was possible to transfer the scent with the post)

Before and after , middle picture

Bottom picture , burley to the left, (lemon virginia to the right) needed 48 hours in 90°C to get them brown as showed in the picture , if 10% sugar added in 100gr of water they became more black , but it will be a sweeter taste and i like the burley taste as it will be by this process

To make this Cavendish.the tobacco goes through the fermenting stage right.

Status
Not open for further replies.