Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Steel Containers - For Curing Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You're making some progress. The first year takes the most preparation. A lot of the stuff you are assembling now can be reused every year. Keep an eye out for stringing sticks during the year for curing. You should be able to pick some up free along the way, if you wait till the last minute you may have to buy some lumber to rip on the table saw. Stakes will also come in handy for labeling the varieties in the field and staking up plants that the wind blows over.

DGBAMA

Hats of to ya for preparing early. Once plants go in the ground, stuff happens FAST. It is easy to get behind the "8"ball.

Nikfits

I managed to get the inside section out. It came out fairly easy. Took about thirty minutes. If I wanted to, I could take out the whole inside piece. It's one big shell (all metal). I don't think I'll be doing that though. The insulation looks good in between the outer shell and inner. While taking the center piece out, I can see every spot where a leak will occur (on the bottom). It'll be kinda slow going in getting this completed. To get the parts I need. I will get r done though.

Here's a few pictures of the center removed...

SANY0039.JPG SANY0040.JPG SANY0041.JPG
The divider removed. Bunch of holes to seal up. JB Weld might help with that.

SANY0043.JPG SANY0044.JPG
This is an area where leaks will occur. I've seen where someone else had the same problem. With the humidity being high this will eventually drench
the insulation into a gob of goo. There is a channel that runs from one end to the other with drip locations.

SANY0047.JPG
Also, when I removed the divider there will be a gap on the bottom and
top section. I'll probably cut the two ends and fit something between the
two.

That's it for now. I'm probably going to start a new thread with this, considering the name of this one started with 55 gallon drums.

Gary

Last edited:

Nikfits

You're making some progress. The first year takes the most preparation. A lot of the stuff you are assembling now can be reused every year. Keep an eye out for stringing sticks during the year for curing. You should be able to pick some up free along the way, if you wait till the last minute you may have to buy some lumber to rip on the table saw. Stakes will also come in handy for labeling the varieties in the field and staking up plants that the wind blows over.

I would like to stake up a number of these plants. And that's what I'll most likely do - rip up some 2x's on the table saw (gotta pick it up - I miss it, it's been three years!). Haven't even used the drill press I was given as a gift.

Hats of to ya for preparing early. Once plants go in the ground, stuff happens FAST. It is easy to get behind the "8"ball.

I always try to be three steps ahead. Can't wait to smoke some of my own tobacco.

Thanks guys...

Gary

DGBAMA

Even if it is not as good as Don's excellent leaf, PRIDE is the greatest taste of all; the first smoke will be the best you have ever had, even if it isn't. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.