Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Markw 2014 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

Well I was thinking that it was time to start my grow log off. It is still a good few weeks away before I spread my seeds. Last year could have gone better. I used a new plot and was thinking as not to feed the plants loads of fert. That was a bad move even after digging in lots of well rotted manure. The ground was totally devoid of any nutrients. But it worked out in the end ok.

This year I have taken a new plot and have been spending a lot of time getting the soil up to what I want. I will also be growing at home again this year and a few other location's.
As for starting them off this year I am planning on using Microcells to save space and then straight into the home made float trays.
The biggest laugh this year is I will be donating some plants to my local pub this year, they will be growing out-side next to the smoking shelter. I have said that they don't get to tall but me thinking I will give them a few B,C,Blacks hopefully they will grow well in the 30 gallon drums !!!

I think that the biggest problem is what to grow with the massive choose of seeds we have. Some of the seeds I have, or were sent by kind members are quite old so they are the ones first to chose. I hope to grow all of these out this year.

I still have a few extras to add to my list if they turn up in time. Lets hope the weather is kind to us all this year. Below is my planned list so far. # donates grown before

Flue
African Red
GL 939
Reams 158

Burley

Burley Jupiter (German Strain)
Ergo

Maryland
Catterdon
Maryland 609

Oriental
Bitlis
Izmir Orbas
Cyprus Seed
Prilep (P66-9/7)
Samson Maden
Smyrne 23*
White Flower
Xanthi Yaka 18a
An un known plant #

Cigar

La Palma Havana #
Havana 322*
Havana 263*
Loonies Havana
Bolivan Criollo Black
Glassnor
Long Red
SegedinskaRuza
Guatemalan
Metacomet
Domician Olor
MonteCalme Brun

Other
TI 712 # Primitive wrapper/filler
Orinoco Timor

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My long lost brother! We are both crazy! I need to check my family tree and see how many nuts fall out. Nice looking list.

DGBAMA

ALMOST 30. Guess us crazy ones are not just confined to Alabama. Nice list.

BC Black is not just cigar; more of a "dark air".

Never heard of LOONIE'S Havanah; did LONNIE go crazy?

springheal

Wow, wow and wow. Another member inflicting punishment on himself eh!!

The Chinese tobacco whispers is on it's way to your place Mark so that huge list may be even HUGER

Markw

Hi Springheal
You boys down under have done a good job keeping it going,They will need to wait for next year as I have a few more very important plants to put in yet.

Hi DG
Alabama no never, you could look as Kent being the 51st state , what with me and Madhouse Bill :D, I can't wait to see his grow list. I have always wanted to grow Loonies Havana as it has had good reports. As for Loonie being crazy I can't confirm that, but he could have come from Alabama :rolleyes:

madhouse

Hi Springheal
You boys down under have done a good job keeping it going,They will need to wait for next year as I have a few more very important plants to put in yet.

Hi DG
Alabama no never, you could look as Kent being the 51st state , what with me and Madhouse Bill :D, I can't wait to see his grow list. I have always wanted to grow Loonies Havana as it has had good reports. As for Loonie being crazy I can't confirm that, but he could have come from Alabama :rolleyes:

Nice one mark some there i don't have will it ever stop, hope not, oh you will have to let me know the name of the pub would be nice to have drink amongst your tobacco plants :rolleyes:,

and sorry you you did ask :eek: some still to come.

Adonis
Alida
Ancient
Banana leaf
Barnett special
Beg gem
Bonanza
Burley Jupiter
Burley var compact ta-16
Catterton
Conneciut shade
costa rica 589
costa rica ti 698
Cuba #4
Cuba ti 1454
Cuban criollo-98
Del gold
Frog eye Orinoco
Germand #1
Glessnor
Gold burley
Gold dollar
Goose creek red
Guacharo
Habano-2000
Harrow velvet
Hickory pryor
Hopi
Indian
Isleta pueblo
Jalapa
Japan-8
Jawa bezuki
Keller
Kessu
Kozarsko-541
Krumovgrad-988
Ky 21
Ky5
Lattaquie-92
Little dutch
Mohawk
Moonlight
Mount pima
Mutki
Olor
One sucker
Orinoco pi 73505
Papante
Pennyslvania red
Perique
PI 405568
Prilep 2 pi 225977
Prilep p66-9/7
Prilep p79-94
Prilep pi 405612
Punche
Sacred cornplanter
Sacred Wyandot
Samsun maden
Scantic
Southern tepehuan makuchi
Swarr
Tarahumara el cuervo
Tennesse red leaf
Tree tobacco
Va-116
Virginia 3192
Warner
White mammoth
White stem Orinoco
Wisconsin seed leaf
Wisconsin-901
Xanthi yaka18a
Yayladag
Yellow pryor
Yenidje
Zimmer

all the best for this year Mark.

Bill

Markw

Nice list there Bill. I think you have missed a few out there Lol. I hope you are at least growing 8 of each there. I have a few extra to add onto my list and I expect I will stick some on my friends plot next to mine. He is planning on growing some more this year. That would be good to meet up for a gallon or two.

Nice one mark some there i don't have will it ever stop, hope not, oh you will have to let me know the name of the pub would be nice to have drink amongst your tobacco plants :rolleyes:,

and sorry you you did ask :eek: some still to come.

Adonis
Alida
Ancient
Banana leaf
Barnett special
Beg gem
Bonanza
Burley Jupiter
Burley var compact ta-16
Catterton
Conneciut shade
costa rica 589
costa rica ti 698
Cuba #4
Cuba ti 1454
Cuban criollo-98
Del gold
Frog eye Orinoco
Germand #1
Glessnor
Gold burley
Gold dollar
Goose creek red
Guacharo
Habano-2000
Harrow velvet
Hickory pryor
Hopi
Indian
Isleta pueblo
Jalapa
Japan-8
Jawa bezuki
Keller
Kessu
Kozarsko-541
Krumovgrad-988
Ky 21
Ky5
Lattaquie-92
Little dutch
Mohawk
Moonlight
Mount pima
Mutki
Olor
One sucker
Orinoco pi 73505
Papante
Pennyslvania red
Perique
PI 405568
Prilep 2 pi 225977
Prilep p66-9/7
Prilep p79-94
Prilep pi 405612
Punche
Sacred cornplanter
Sacred Wyandot
Samsun maden
Scantic
Southern tepehuan makuchi
Swarr
Tarahumara el cuervo
Tennesse red leaf
Tree tobacco
Va-116
Virginia 3192
Warner
White mammoth
White stem Orinoco
Wisconsin seed leaf
Wisconsin-901
Xanthi yaka18a
Yayladag
Yellow pryor
Yenidje
Zimmer

all the best for this year Mark.

Bill

Rickey60

Damn, and I thought I was growing a lot!
Yellow twist bud
Virginia bright leaf
Silver river
Bursa
Izmir
Lonnie's havanah
Catterton
African red

Markw

I guess you will be growing these hydroponiclly since most of England is under water now....:rolleyes:

Hi Randy I have a small river called the Ravensbourne at the end of my garden that used to run in a culvert, I am now looking out over an 80,000 M2 Mtr Lake. The houses down the road from me have 4ft deep water in their gardens. The Fire Department and the Environment Agency are unable to pump it fast enough. mind you they are pumping it over half a mile as the culvert is blocked. I think It could be a good year for growing rice.

Markw

This is a picture of the flooding we have got. The tobacco seeds making their way home from down under might still be delivered by the African Queen

den.jpg

Markw

Not much happening here at the moment. The ground is still to wet to finish getting my growing areas prepared. I have some Ottomon started for some grafting or to see if I can graft a tomato onto tobacco root stock. Just added a photo of some of the gardens down the road from me with the flooding, I expect that they will not dry out till the end of may.

Garden Tobacco.JPG

Markw

Thanks Darren we need it at the moment, I have spent most of the day digging over the allotment. As for home I just pulled the old plantd out as the ground is so wet. I hope your year goes well
Mark

Markw

​Well not long now I will be starting my seed off. all the propagators and the micro cells have been sterilised and marked up ready for the off. My finalised list of plants to grow this year are listed below, and that is final. I will defiantly not be talked into adding any more plants to the list.I Keep saying to myself I have the will power not to be talked into adding to the list.
One thing that I will be trying this year that I wanted to try last year but never had the time to get it sorted out is, seeing if plants grow faster in a magnetic field. I have sorted out six N42 2x1 inch magnets and I am going to set them up in three ways to see if they make any difference in the plants growth rate.

Flue

AfricanRed
GL939
Reams158

Burley

BurleyJupiter (German Strain)
Ergo
Peremozhetz83 from Poland 349332 from Grin

Maryland
Catterdon
Maryland609

Oriental