Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

PirateGhost's 1st Year Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indianamac

I wasn't able to save the plants so they're gone, some other plants eventually ended up wilting and dying, one plant is pretty much struggling to make it but can make it. Im sad to say that the entire crop has been a wash at this point. I learned that I shouldn't have tried to grow tobacco when I was really broke and buying the cheapest supplies. I used a cheap grow lamp that was pretty much too hot for tobacco, cheap peat cells, and the tray I had seemed to be pretty bad since it wasn't really leveled. Gonna stock up on the supplies people on the forums use through the next few months so that next season I can do a crop correctly instead of getting by on doing the bare minimum. Thank you to everyone who helped, I have learned a ton from this already.

Welcome back PirateGhost!

Sorry things didn't work out. I know I've had my troubles with growing veggies and it can be discouraging. I'm hope'n to have some seed from this year's crop and if that is the case, I'd be glad to hook you up for next year. I know this doesn't help this year though. Once again, sorry things didn't work out as planned but look at it this way, you did learn some new things along the way!!

Rickey60

Were you live you can still start some seed and grow a crop. Last year I did not get to start seed until mid June, and made a crop. The only problem with starting late is the weather is not good for the curing. If you got some seed left try it, the seedlings will do better now that the weather is warm. Just keep them out of the sun.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey Pirate, I'm sorry your crop gave up the Ghost (pun intended). If you can scratch together a few dollars, I highly recommend buying seedlings from BigBonner. I bought some last year and they did wonderfully. The stems were like tree trunks, the leaves were like big beach unbrellas. The man can grow some seedlings. Shoot him with a PM and talk to him about it. They arrive ready to go into the ground. I think they were $2.00 each last year, not sure about this year.

Brown Thumb

I am sorry to see that, I know the feeling all too well this year.
You do not need money to do this. I can buy what I need, But look at what that got me. Not Much.
I got my best starts with almost nothing invested.
My first year was a failure also. I got some in the ground.
Hey start over for practice, You need some seed LMK,
You had a Great Start. Two Brown Thumbs Up For You.
BT

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Seems like every one is taking a hit here and there. Start some more. I took three hits and had two starts done, Going to start # three tom. The problem with Mine was they were all up and running. ( bad hind site on help) So go for it. Get a hold of BigBonner. You won't go amiss with His plants.

DGBAMA

You have plenty of time for another go at it. Maybe not long enough to get seed from them, but surely enough to get some good leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.